Old 08-04-2014, 12:05 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 90
Throwing Style: RHBH
I think many of you guys are missing how this started. This event was planned as the finale for all of the Trilogy Challenge events, in which you are required to throw only the three discs given to you in the players pack. It pretty tough to assume people can use and not lose only 3 discs over a full weekend of 4 rounds, unlike the one round for the TC. In an effort to keep it similar to the TC while making it reasonable they said you could throw all trilogy plastic not just the 3 from the TC. This was going to be the format for the ENTIRE event with it being an X-tier, so to play at all you were going to have to throw all trilogy plastic. This format was not approved by the PDGA so instead of just going ahead and running the event unsanctioned, they changed the format to include any and all players while still keeping the essence of the event they were trying to run in the first place.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2014, 12:53 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 109
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Martin View Post
I love DD and Rusco. But this 'only Trilogy' (originally) was not a good idea.
I want to put it out there again, that I think DD is awesome. I have no dealings with the DD-TX store, but both DD Emporia and DD-KC are beyond awesome.

Some of that is awesomeness comes from trying ideas that no one has tried before. Kudos for trying. Sometimes you hit a home run, sometimes not so much.

I hope they keep trying different stuff, critics be darned (including myself).
Old 08-04-2014, 05:06 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 33
So. Much. Stupid. Whining.
Old 08-04-2014, 05:12 PM
FROLF OFF!

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
what do you consider this post?

In a competitive niche sport this kind of stuff does little good, that's all.

Best part is they have a new ironic hashtag--#BeDynamic (:something that causes change or growth in something else)
Old 08-11-2014, 04:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 109
I'm impressed, registration is climbing pretty quickly for such a slow start. Up to 85 now.
Old 08-21-2014, 11:42 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 21
Registration is almost double that now. After looking at the forecast for this weekend, its going to be quite unpleasant... Mid/high 90's with high humidity
Old 08-21-2014, 01:47 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 14.7
Courses Played: 146
Quote:
I think many of you guys are missing how this started. This event was planned as the finale for all of the Trilogy Challenge events, in which you are required to throw only the three discs given to you in the players pack. It pretty tough to assume people can use and not lose only 3 discs over a full weekend of 4 rounds, unlike the one round for the TC. In an effort to keep it similar to the TC while making it reasonable they said you could throw all trilogy plastic not just the 3 from the TC. This was going to be the format for the ENTIRE event with it being an X-tier, so to play at all you were going to have to throw all trilogy plastic. This format was not approved by the PDGA so instead of just going ahead and running the event unsanctioned, they changed the format to include any and all players while still keeping the essence of the event they were trying to run in the first place.
This. Let them do what they want. If you don't like what they are doing then don't play. I think its neat to try different formats and tournament ideas. During a normal summer weekend there are well over 150 disc golf events (including unsanctioned events). It's okay to be different.
Old 08-21-2014, 01:58 PM
Pandamonium Discs

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 87
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apoth View Post
99% of it from AFTC

Old 08-23-2014, 12:32 AM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Yes indeed lots of whining and fail to go around. Like claiming bonus payout money came from sponsors in the first place. At the beginning of the year DD made it as public as possible that they would have an auction page for rare and unique collectible discs that covered all brands. Like 10 first run star destroyers that I think sold for over a grand. All of the auctions proceeds were funding the entire year of DD tournaments bonus money. Including the GBO.

Discraft has an ace race, Vibram has a birdie bash, DD has two disc challenges and the trilogy challenge. This is simply a finale for that summer long event. No one was forced to play 3 great courses and get a $200 value player pack for a $60 entry and the chance at a bonus payout. That would be pretty horrible for anyone to suffer through who enjoys disc golf.