Disc Golf Store
Old 08-19-2013, 07:48 AM

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 31
Throwing Style: LHBH
+1 for UDisc! I've had it for about a month now and it's versatile, has all the features I need, and most importantly, it works!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:08 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
I've been using Udisc, the paid version, and it keeps score well. However, the gps markings for distance are totally off most of the time. I've had 360' drives (marked distances from tee to pin) that will show up as anywhere from 190' to over 500'. The measurments are all over the place. Also, I'm using the app on a Galaxy S3, and I hate the black scorecard and black background with neon texts. It looks cheesy. I also dislike that it doesn't store distances or maps of courses. I acknowledge that this would be a difficult task for an app to store that much info, but it doesn't have to store the info for every course in the nation, just upload the nearest courses to your gps proximity or the zip code you enter. That doesn't seem unreasonable. One last gripe is that it only shows one hole at a time and doesn't show the entire card below the place where you enter the scores and you can't see the card until you've reached the end of the round. Being able to see the entire card while still playing would be much better for when you're trying to see back to scores on previous holes in attempt to explain or remind yourself or the other players on your card how their scores got to where they are. Instead, you have to go back by swiping one by one through the holes and it just makes navigation a bit more of a hassle than it should have to be.

For basic scorekeeping and tracking of past scores, the app works great. Though, it's not really worth paying for, IMO.
Old 09-11-2013, 01:10 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledstauffer View Post
My wife got me an iphone and now I feel compelled to fill it with all sorts of things disc golf related. Any suggestions on the best apps for dg? I've heard udisc is nice!
my friend designed Udisc! awesome, he is always trying new things. Give it a try and like his stuff. His name is Matt. He's a good dude. His dogs name is Finnegan....give a shout out to Finnegan on his page or in a review. haha he'd like that
Old 09-11-2013, 02:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 62
Quote:
Originally Posted by davetherocketguy View Post
I would also keep a book mark in Safari of the mobile version of DGCR on hand. When in new territory it is wonderful for finding area courses and shops. Very simple to use.

Speaking of which, when is DGCR going to get their own App??? I've been dying for one.. even if you could just do what the mobile site allows, just put it in a sexy app and maybe make it easier to navigate. But I agree, bookmark the mobile site for sure, it's great in new areas!
Old 09-12-2013, 05:43 PM

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
I use Udisc as well.Worth buying!! I read a FB post from the developer, in which he added that course layout will be added soon hopefully.I can't wait for that update.
Old 09-12-2013, 07:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.5
Courses Played: 51
I wish there was a way to sync the DGCR courses with Udisc or that DGCR would just make a similar app. DGCR has waaay more courses listed
Old 09-12-2013, 07:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by kyledstauffer View Post
I wish there was a way to sync the DGCR courses with Udisc or that DGCR would just make a similar app. DGCR has waaay more courses listed
Give it time, uDisc is constantly growing and improving.
Old 09-12-2013, 10:27 PM

Courses Played: 10
Another +1 for UDisc. The designer is constantly working on it and improving it with updates unlike other apps. It saves scorecards, keeps stats, inventory of discs, and a course search/GPS feature. Just what I needed and I recommend it.

Old 09-12-2013, 10:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.2
Courses Played: 171
Pro Putt is fantastic and full of adjustable settings like distance, windy/calm, wet hands and gives u immediate feedback via graphs.