Old 02-09-2016, 01:27 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Throwing Style: RHBH

Just saw Discraft now has the ringer,roach,and zone available in soft elite x plastic. Might try out a Zone.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-09-2016, 02:34 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4
Courses Played: 2

I always find Discraft very interesting. Unfortunately, their 21 mm to 22mm rimmed discs, the Surge and the Surge SS don't work well for me. On the other hand, I will put their consistency against anyone else. Years of buying Innova has shown me that about one in five discs is an anomaly. It flies way off the standard for the disc in question, taking into account the disc type and plastic. This doesn't seem to happen for Discraft. If they say a disc is .5 in such and such plastic, it is .5 no matter how many I buy. I use Buzzes as my mids, and every one flies exactly how advertised. When I tried out Surges, I bought thirty of them, and everyone flew the same as the one before. Even more, if you look at their discs off the shelf, they all seem flat. By that, I don't think I've ever found a "domey" Discraft disc.

The downside is that I can't get the discs I want in the plastic I want. Innova is spotty on their plastics too, but they have the discs I want in the plastic I want, for the most part. If Discraft widened their plastic choices on their fairway drivers, both long and short, I'd be much more willing to commit to a wider range of their discs.

No matter how you slice it, they are doing something right, at least for what I see.
Old 02-09-2016, 02:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 36

There are domey X Forces and X Nukes. Pretty cool discs. I like the Forces because they are cheap and reliably OS for this hole over water where the drive must end left. The water is the type where recovery is never going to happen.
Old 02-09-2016, 04:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.4

I have to admit, I never buy X plastic. Most of the Discraft discs I've bought were Z, that may be the difference.
Old 02-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Birdie Member

I have a Domey Z Flash and a Flat Z Flash. The domey is quite dome too.

Also
PRO D BUZZ OS! mine are on the way, I hope they are flat... but then, why wouldn't they be.

Last edited by Disc of Cheese; 02-11-2016 at 11:51 PM.
Old 02-12-2016, 10:21 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 51

Pro D buzzz os, hopefully its a good blend of pro d. Once upon a time I cycled pro d wasps and stopped when pro d got too soft and warped too easily. Elite x wasps were also sweet... No more elite x wasps and x preds going oop was the beginning of the end for discraft for me.
Old 02-14-2016, 08:47 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 61

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
At least they have ultimate -- probably as big of market for them as DG.

I really think Ultimate is what they're planning to be their bread and butter. They make a ton off Ultimate, and looking at how they promote Ultimate you can see that it is their big product. They make well off of disc golf, but it's no longer priority number one.

I haven't been in disc golf that long, but I've seen Discraft fall from solid number two in the market, to sharing that spot with DD/Trilogy and Prodigy.
Old 02-14-2016, 09:54 AM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 21.4
Courses Played: 131

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatdirtykid View Post
Pro D buzzz os, hopefully its a good blend of pro d. Once upon a time I cycled pro d wasps and stopped when pro d got too soft and warped too easily. Elite x wasps were also sweet... No more elite x wasps and x preds going oop was the beginning of the end for discraft for me.
No more X Preds was a crime against disc golfers. That one still blows my mind.
Old 02-14-2016, 10:07 AM
Free at Last

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKShort View Post
I haven't been in disc golf that long, but I've seen Discraft fall from solid number two in the market, to sharing that spot with DD/Trilogy and Prodigy.
I don't think Prodigy is doing that well.

Old 02-14-2016, 10:24 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halcón View Post
I don't think Prodigy is doing that well.
Not around me anyway, I saw a total of 2 Prodigy discs on the course last year and one of them was my P3.

Discraft doesn't seem to be flying off the shelf around here either, they just don't offer enough plastic options. It's not all that hard to be labeled "consistent" when most of what they make is only available in "Z" plastic.

More ESP and "X"!