Old 08-19-2015, 08:21 PM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by sidewinder22 View Post
What's with the knee brace? Looking back at your last vid, the behind view looked like it hurt my knee watching.
Nah, that's old news. It just doesn't bother me very often. Throwing doesn't bother it at all. Standing or walking does. In this case, I just sat down with my leg on a foot rest too long. Says the doctor "Looks like normal wear and tear".

If you can see why I need a compression band (got it for "tennis elbow") for lefty forehands, though, that's a dg thing (or dg exacerbates it, in any case).
Sponsored Links

Last edited by Dan Ensor; 08-19-2015 at 08:24 PM.
Old 08-19-2015, 08:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 134
Your are coming down over the top before your weight shifts. The two side views RHBH - Your head(upper spine) should be behind your hips(lower spine) into the heel plant, so your lower spine needs to shift and brace. Your rear foot is still kind of spinning out on the ground too long and then your heel goes straight up which keeps your lower spine from shifting forward. Try rolling your rear foot more from the instep/arch and keeping the foot low after it leaves the ground...Greg Norman move, which will help you move your lower spine forward. Should feel more squeeze, and then upward to release the pressure.

Old 08-19-2015, 08:57 PM
* Ace Member *

LHFH you look a bit too upright and your hit is past your front foot.
Old 08-19-2015, 09:03 PM
* Ace Member *

That's ^ actually both RHFH and LHFH. Also your rear foot is too forward facing, turn your rear foot further away so you can close up and reachback further.

Old 08-20-2015, 12:57 AM
Sophomore

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 62
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
That's ^ actually both RHFH and LHFH. Also your rear foot is too forward facing, turn your rear foot further away so you can close up and reachback further.
I suspect that comes from being a catcher. I never move that foot on a throw-down.

Quote:
Your are coming down over the top before your weight shifts. The two side views RHBH - Your head(upper spine) should be behind your hips(lower spine) into the heel plant, so your lower spine needs to shift and brace. Your rear foot is still kind of spinning out on the ground too long and then your heel goes straight up which keeps your lower spine from shifting forward. Try rolling your rear foot more from the instep/arch and keeping the foot low after it leaves the ground...Greg Norman move, which will help you move your lower spine forward. Should feel more squeeze, and then upward to release the pressure.
I thought that was still a problem. It'll be a while before I post something thinking I've fixed that

Last edited by Dan Ensor; 08-20-2015 at 12:59 AM.