Old 09-08-2013, 10:11 PM
Rick Rolling, Rolling, Rolling...

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by aardvarkious View Post
The cops didn't like us playing in the dark at first, but there was nothing they could do since our park has no official hours. However, now that we have a relationship with them, they have seen the area around the course get cleaned up, and they actually get who we are: they seem to like us being out there. The patrol that goes down the pedestrian path a couple times every night usually stops to watch a hole or two and trash talk us.
We sold our Parks Board and City Council on the idea of adding a course because it would bring extra foot traffic to the park and help keep away people that were up to no good.

We clean up the course, are good citizens, etc.

No problems with the 5-0 so far.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:57 AM

I used to work until 11pm 6 nights a week for 4 years so I played many a round after dark, I'm talkin 3-4 t
Old 09-09-2013, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magilacutys View Post
I used to work until 11pm 6 nights a week for 4 years so I played many a round after dark, I'm talkin 3-4 t
Damn iPhone. Here's what I meant to type.

I used to work until 11pm 6 nights a week for 4 years so I played many a round after dark, I'm talkin 3-4 times a week. Never had an issue when I parked across the street at an apartment complex.

One time me and a couple buddies decided to play an extra round when it was just getting dark. We left our cars in the parking lot because we figured we'd be done by th 11pm closing time. That was a mistake. We took our time and were sitting around bull****ing towards the end of our round when we saw a spotlight in the parking lot. We hid in the wooded crek while this cop drove Ll around the course and on it with his spotlight on looking for us. Finally after like an hour the spotlight was gone. I figured he was probably waiting for us by the cars so I called my ol lady and had her pick us up at the gas station across the street. She wasn't too happy since it was around 3am at this point. Went back the next morning and got my car, not even a ticket on it.

I have heard of cops stopping people and as long as they weren't drinking or anything let them keep playing. But who the hell wants to play at night without having a few drinks?

Old 09-09-2013, 12:25 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 49
Throwing Style: RHFH
I'd find out what the official park hours are. The one we play at is very clearly posted as closing at midnight, so there's no problem there.