Old 05-20-2015, 04:59 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Classic Hard Judge for putting, Classic Medium for winter putting.

Fluid Judge for drives and long approaches.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-12-2015, 10:56 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
The Classic Blend Judge is my main putter. I could use it for upshots, but I only putt with it. The Classic Blend is firm (I like that) but not as hard as the Classic, and I really like the Classic Blend's feel.
Old 06-19-2015, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD86 View Post
The Classic Blend Judge is my main putter. I could use it for upshots, but I only putt with it. The Classic Blend is firm (I like that) but not as hard as the Classic, and I really like the Classic Blend's feel.
have u ever tried using it for up shots? I've given the lucid a shot, but keep going back to the blend. holds any line and just awesome for tight wooded courses.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:05 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by mike7728 View Post
have u ever tried using it for up shots? I've given the lucid a shot, but keep going back to the blend. holds any line and just awesome for tight wooded courses.
I have occasionally tried it for upshots (longer than about 35-40 ft.). I'm sure it would work fine, and I would indeed want to get a more indestructo plastic like Lucid if I did want upshots with it. But I ran into these two issues:

1) I struggle to get a good four-finger or even three finger grip on ALL putters, and the fan grip has not been very effective for me and my noodle, lack-of-strength arms in throwing for any distance over 35 feet, and only the Judge has been effective for me over 22-23 feet.

2) My Champion Pink Panther has been devastatingly effective as my upshot disc, and I see no reason to drop it.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:45 PM
Bogey Member

I putt with Classic Judges. I will also use them for 2-230'' and in upshots. I've been trying to get away from throwing my putters and putting my throwers but I find when I beat my judges into perfection they work equally well for both putting and throwing. Been trying to switch to BT and VIP Harp to fill the roll that my judges had for upshots, the harp just takes longer to beat in but is way more predictable. Judges can get a little flippy but with good form you should be able to work them into any line within reason.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:51 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLessThan3DiscGolf View Post
I've been using the Classic Hard for Putting & driving for almost 6 months now. Absolutely in love with Classic Hard, and it will take a lot for me to switch. Laser-straight drives & upshots out to 280'. I've got a beat-up one I use for turnovers. Working two-three in/out of the bag to keep consistency up, but they hold up surprisingly well to tree-hits and such. Classic Hard grips very well in most conditions above 50*F.

I seem to be one of the few that really enjoys the Hard for all purposes.
I'm right with you. I used to use a medium judge for long jump putts, but since I had so many hards I just cycle them and depending on how seasoned it is, I can use a hard judge for almost any shot inside 250 except those super OS lines.

Old 06-19-2015, 02:19 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTdisc View Post
Classic Hard Judge for putting, Classic Medium for winter putting.

Fluid Judge for drives and long approaches.
Edit: Fluid getting replaced by Lucid for summertime long puts/approaches through the trees

Also, I may be switching to the Envy for putter drives.