Old 10-26-2013, 09:46 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 83
Quote:
Originally Posted by E3D4523 View Post
I had a great time today playing in the Ace Race. I did not get any aces but I was on target. I got 4 metals. Two were spit outs. We started at 8 and we finished by 9:45. I wish we could have played another round. Till next year.
I played both the Ace Race and the tournament. Unfortunately I only had three metals, of which two were hits on the legs. One was a solid fabric hit that only two or so inches higher would have been in. I had a ton that were less than a foot away, but obviously in this tournament that is not good enough. I sure can park this disc though.

I fared a little better during the tournament, finishing six down, but I missed ten birdie putts I know I should have made. I can only blame so much on the wind. It also did not help that I started Hole 1 with a circle 5 due to what looked to be an awesome drive that still clipped a tree and kicked out into the golfing green (OB). I played like I was shooting 18 down, not just 6 down.

We finished up at 4pm and I really wanted to play another round. This is the last time I get to play competitively until the end of January during the Winter Carnival. And then I will not get to play competitively again until mid March. This kind of marked the unofficial end of the dg season for me. I will play throughout the winter, but for the most part being relegated to weekends because of the shorter days, I will only be able to get out with a friend or two at best. Most of my winter rounds will be solo rounds.

Old 10-29-2013, 12:20 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
yeah it was a good event. The format here worked well. Yeah those DGA mach lite baskets or whatever had such sparsely spaced chains and they were very light so I putt form 6 feet away dead center chains with a down-ward drop and it hit went to the bottom of the basket then popped out the back. I had about 7 putts that would have been Birdies, instead Par....kinda bummed me out. 2 Metal hits, no aces.

But I DID ace the side-game ace shot. Only took a few tries haha.