#41  
Old 01-13-2014, 10:47 PM
DesertFox's Avatar
DesertFox DesertFox is offline
Par Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Pineywoods Country, TX
Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 136
Quote:
Originally Posted by spicybird6 View Post
How many players will you sponsor for the 2014 tour?
I would like to know this as well, and will there be a "MVP Team" like the other companies like Prodigy?
  #42  
Old 01-14-2014, 02:39 AM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 701
Why did Neutron plastic take over as the launch material from Proton? Marketing (ie second launch in different plastic later) or is there something about Neutron that is easier in the manufacturing process (other than the generic stamp motif for Neutron discs vs artwork for Proton?)
  #43  
Old 01-14-2014, 04:39 AM
Mr. Butlertron's Avatar
Mr. Butlertron Mr. Butlertron is online now
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Tokyo, Japan
Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 39
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 300
One of the most popular complaints about your discs is that they are hard to grip when weather conditions are not ideal. Are there plans in the future to address this issue?
  #44  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:12 AM
remember2morrow's Avatar
remember2morrow remember2morrow is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: Greenville, NC
Posts: 591
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
One of the most popular complaints about your discs is that they are hard to grip when weather conditions are not ideal. Are there plans in the future to address this issue?
I'd like to add to this and ask if you've ever considered bringing back the textured bottoms? I actually have a DX Roc and Teebird on stand by for rainy days because I have a problem with my Volts and Tangents slipping out when they get too wet.
  #45  
Old 01-14-2014, 11:28 AM
JedV's Avatar
JedV JedV is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Burnaby, BC
Years Playing: 4.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Butlertron View Post
One of the most popular complaints about your discs is that they are hard to grip when weather conditions are not ideal. Are there plans in the future to address this issue?
Quote:
Originally Posted by remember2morrow View Post
I'd like to add to this and ask if you've ever considered bringing back the textured bottoms? I actually have a DX Roc and Teebird on stand by for rainy days because I have a problem with my Volts and Tangents slipping out when they get too wet.
Thirded. The reason I asked the question above is because my Neutron Tangent is almost greasy slippery at times. With Proton this isn't as noticeable in my experience.
  #46  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Ty_Ty's Avatar
Ty_Ty Ty_Ty is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Alaska
Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 326
As a teacher with a sciene background, I have always loved the Histroy Channel's show, "How It's Made." It's nice to see how a product is developed behind the scenes from paper to finished product.

I know you have a basic molding process vid on youtube, but have you ever considered a behind the secens documentary on the developement of a new disc from conceptual designs, testing, to finished product with comments from the staff and team members? (without giving out any secrets of course)

It would make a great teaser before announcing a finished product, and give dgers a more personal insight that the other larger compines have neglected.
  #47  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:24 PM
Rogue9 Rogue9 is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Norcal
Posts: 370
I see white rims list on the Axiom site, will there be glow rims for Axiom?
  #48  
Old 01-14-2014, 06:44 PM
jtreadwell's Avatar
jtreadwell jtreadwell is offline
Wizard of Plastic Land
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Southern NH
Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 37
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,720
nm..
  #49  
Old 01-14-2014, 08:17 PM
kingjames1014's Avatar
kingjames1014 kingjames1014 is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Plainfield, IN
Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 84
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,245
What about Merchandise? Hats? Dri-fits? Any plans for those?
 

  #50  
Old 01-15-2014, 08:38 AM
CwAlbino's Avatar
CwAlbino CwAlbino is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Fairfield/Ottumwa, Iowa
Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,395
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty_Ty View Post
As a teacher with a sciene background, I have always loved the Histroy Channel's show, "How It's Made." It's nice to see how a product is developed behind the scenes from paper to finished product.

I know you have a basic molding process vid on youtube, but have you ever considered a behind the secens documentary on the developement of a new disc from conceptual designs, testing, to finished product with comments from the staff and team members? (without giving out any secrets of course)

It would make a great teaser before announcing a finished product, and give dgers a more personal insight that the other larger compines have neglected.
I like this idea a lot.
Closed Thread

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:21 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.