Old 08-08-2014, 10:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.6
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Second tourney round on Sunday

Playing in my second tourney on Sunday. Wanted to get involved with leagues, tags, and/or some tourneys this year. But just been playing casual rounds all summer . Andyjb/chawman saw one of my posts about a local disc shop and invited me to try my luck at a tourney on my home course. Just the push I needed I guess, as I have signed up and going to go huck in the rec division. Looking forward to it . I played in one of the winter warrior events this winter in random doubles. Pretty casual and low pressure. Relied heavily on my partners drives that day, but putted decent and we posted around -25 (I think, it's been a while) and finished well ......... Anyway, excited to play on Sunday in a one day event. Only three people in rec so far, so looking like a top three Finnish!
Old 08-09-2014, 12:53 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 41
I'll see you there (not in that division) my friend! I have to warn you though, if my buddy "Suspect" Steve Freydenfeldt is on that day, you might have a battle on your hands!
Old 08-09-2014, 05:31 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I'll see you there (not in that division) my friend! I have to warn you though, if my buddy "Suspect" Steve Freydenfeldt is on that day, you might have a battle on your hands!
I looked at some of the guys stats from other tourneys, and it should be a good battle . I talked one of my dg friends into playing , so we will have four for rec division. My friends best rounds at badlands will also be competitive in the group. Make a few putts and no ob, and I can hang around + 5 per round with the current courses set up......miss a few putts and find some ob, I could go double digits........we will find out in the morning. #2 will be a make or break hole for me. Looking forward to the rounds
Old 08-09-2014, 06:02 PM
Chaw Man

Keep in mind Drew is like 12 years old. There will be at least five times tomorrow where he will embarrass you by how much better than you he is LOL. Great kid to play with. You'll have fun, I promise.
Old 08-09-2014, 07:48 PM
Eagle Member

I saw that in his stats....... Figure he will out drive me several times! I noticed he played in <16 in a few tourneys. I will have to throw two of my solid rounds to have a chance, but the completion is what makes it fun. My son is 14. he doesn't care too much about the game , but he will effortlessly match my old man distances if his timing is on. Youthful flexibility goes a long way when uh king a disc. My knees and back will be irritated by the second round
Old 08-10-2014, 09:25 PM
Eagle Member

Finished tied for first in rec . Lost in playoff hole. Steve deserved the win as he took a two shot penalty for bad math when he turned in his first round score card. We did battle back and forth for the second round and it was a lot of fun. I did chain out on 20 footer through a tiny window to loose the play off. In the first round, I missed a tap in from about 5 ft that rolled down the hill and proceeded to putt two more times.......that's was my stupid move for the day that matched Steve's math mistake. Steve did have the first round on lock down and never made any big mistakes. He was hucking high any flex fh shots that I couldn't keep up with in distance. There was 10 people playing rec and it was pretty well matched. 12 year old Drew hung in there to make the lead card, but I think his ginormous backpack tuckered him out in the second round. Glad Andy talked me into playing and had some good dg fun. Nice 180 flat top roc in the players pack also. Glad it was a one day event, as I am not sure I would be up for another two rounds in the morning?

Old 08-10-2014, 10:27 PM
Chaw Man

My pleasure, man. Glad you "Had the Good Fun!"

Hope to see you at the finals at CHU next month!