Old 06-08-2014, 06:56 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.5
Courses Played: 17
Throwing Style: RHBH
Here is my "lose us please" set of discs from the Challenge. I arrived early and was probably number 15 in line, but we got no choices, just given the 3 discs off the top of the box... unless you knew the TD.

And here is the course I played... http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course...d=2702&mode=ci

Much time was spent spotting or searching for our drives, even our approach shots. These colors were awful for a heavily wooded course with deep undergrowth. I had a good time playing, not my best out there, but what can you expect with 3 new discs you have never tried before.
I felt like the driver, DD Thief(green), was kind of finicky off the tee. The right release would give you some turnover, but if you didn't have enough, it faded out way too soon. Some compared it to a Valkyrie, and I might agree, but it was hard to decide because of the weight being far heavier than I throw.
The Latitude 64 Claymore(brown/brass) was nice and straight. You could put it on the lines you wanted and watch them hold. The disc felt good in the hand and I liked the recycled plastic. This will go into my Trilogy bag, but probably after picking up another color at full release.
Westside's Shield(purple) was a good putter. I don't think it was anything to replace my personal putter, but it worked well holding a line. This putter was stable, I couldn't flip it without major anhyzer. I really don't think it had much glide either, I had many approaches that felt good out of the hand, but stalled out early and left me short.
Overall, I enjoyed my experience and would play again in the future. I can only hope we get some brighter colors in the coming years otherwise I won't be going to the tourney help at Horning's Hideout again. We had to pass through one card as they all lost their discs into tall grass of a pond. The sheen off the plastic saved us a couple of times. I once saw a cardmate stop at a spot in the grass and I was wondering why, thinking his driver was farther ahead. I looked over and was no more than 20 feet from him and could not make out his disc laying in the grass. Yikes these discs were going commando.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:02 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
I'm thinking it's a giant conspiracy. Latitude 64 intentionally screwed up a bunch of discs of a certain color just so they would get regrinds that came out in earth and grass like tones. Then the discs would get lost, found by plastic sniffing dogs, turned back in to Latitude 64 so the process can be repeated of regrind and remaking them for next year's mold. Those evil crafty Swedes.
Old 06-08-2014, 07:37 PM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
I'm thinking it's a giant conspiracy. Latitude 64 intentionally screwed up a bunch of discs of a certain color just so they would get regrinds that came out in earth and grass like tones. Then the discs would get lost, found by plastic sniffing dogs, turned back in to Latitude 64 so the process can be repeated of regrind and remaking them for next year's mold. Those evil crafty Swedes.
That was partly our theory as well. If we liked the discs and lost them, we would replace them with new ones... if we liked the discs we would also buy new ones to replace the awful color. Either way they win.
Old 06-08-2014, 09:21 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Played a trilogy challenge today in edmonton, alberta. Ended up getting fourth and won a Lucid witness. As far as challenge discs go the Claymore and the Shield will both be making my bag. I found the claymore super controllable and could throw it anhyzer, hyzer or straight. The shield off the tee and for up shots is what got me to a PB score. I could throw it hyzer as hard as I could and it would hold its line. I feel like it is a great compliment to my judge which for me is great for putting but a little harder to control off the tee or for up-shots. The thief will not make my bag. Just couldn't find a groove with it. Ended up only pulling it out twice on the last 18 holes.
Old 06-09-2014, 03:03 PM

Years Playing: 0.6
Courses Played: 8
[QUOTE=mrDROCK;2478114]Here is my "lose us please" set of discs from the Challenge. I arrived early and was probably number 15 in line, but we got no choices, just given the 3 discs off the top of the box... unless you knew the TD.

Oh boy....my son signed him and I up for the Trilogy at Oak Grove in Pasadena, Ca in 2 weeks and discs that color are gonna make things interesting. The shot over the dry lake is knee deep with weeds, finding those babies is gonna be next to impossible
Old 06-09-2014, 07:20 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 3.2
Courses Played: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsparky View Post
Oh boy....my son signed him and I up for the Trilogy at Oak Grove in Pasadena, Ca in 2 weeks and discs that color are gonna make things interesting. The shot over the dry lake is knee deep with weeds, finding those babies is gonna be next to impossible
We had red ones and bright orange ones in Edmonton this weekend.
Old 06-10-2014, 09:23 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldsparky View Post
We had one card ahead of us that all lost discs in a semi-dry pond with tall grass. They spent over 10 minutes looking and let 2 or 3 cards play through them. I was so glad my approach got me over it all.
Old 06-10-2014, 12:32 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 0.3
Courses Played: 20
Looking at those discs i'm very glad the course i'm going to be playing at is relatively forgiving for finding errant shots. Of course now that i've said it, i'll find a way to park a nice green disc in some high weeds somewhere....
Old 06-18-2014, 01:54 PM

Years Playing: 1.1
Courses Played: 11
I'm signed up for one in West Bend, WI this weekend. Any rules on taking a few practice shots with each disc to learn them before you start?

Old 06-18-2014, 02:46 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 126
Two small strips (1 front, 1 back) of bright flourescent tape in a color you think you can see...