Disc Golf Store
Old 04-09-2014, 10:40 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.5
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
i've noticed that despite the hype, many auctions seem to be hanging around more reasonable prices and in fact, sometimes the pendulum has swung the other way. i feel bad though for people who want to sell regular throwers and give people deals. they get buried and then have to compete with the hype machine.

i think the sellers are realizing that they don't control the pricing and they're scared little girls - now all i see is people "taking offers". in fact, one goon made it a point to put up his anthon destroyers, tell some bidders straight up that they werent bidding high enough (at 65$ for one), made a few other snide comments, and in his description stated "i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par".

WHY CAN'T WE EVER AGREE ABOUT PAR

Last edited by Kodachrome; 04-09-2014 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-09-2014, 10:53 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post

LULZ!
Old 04-09-2014, 10:58 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
i've noticed that despite the hype, many auctions seem to be hanging around more reasonable prices and in fact, sometimes the pendulum has swung the other way. i feel bad though for people who want to sell regular throwers and give people deals. they get buried and then have to compete with the hype machine.

i think the sellers are realizing that they don't control the pricing and they're scared little girls - now all i see is people "taking offers". in fact, one goon made it a point to put up his anthon destroyers, tell some bidders straight up that they werent bidding high enough (at 65$ for one), made a few other snide comments, and in his description stated "i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par".
There were issues with some of the "sales" and after long discussion this ("i reserve the right to not sell if your offers are not up to par") is how they decided it should be handled
Quote:
Funny ending!
Old 04-09-2014, 11:15 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 29
The most annoying part about the FB auctions when I was doing them is the guy that contacts you 10 times about wanting the disc and wins the auction, but says it will be a few days to get the money then never does. DFSHDSDFASDFN!!!
Old 07-18-2014, 02:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
Bumping this because I've jumped on the FB auctions bandwagon. I've have good luck unloading some plastic that I wasn't able to here, and for reasonable prices. I honestly think it is a very fair way to deal discs, because it shows, to a tee, exactly what people are willing to pay. Yes, there is ridiculous inflation on pre-flight this, or swirly/pearly that, but so what? If you're buying, put in what bid you're willing to pay up to, and if it gets too high, bummer. As a seller you may luck out and get a nice premium on something. There is always an opportunity to take a significant loss, but in my experience there are enough people out there looking for a variety of plastic that most times you end up alright. I really think that this outlet for dealing plastic is biting into the Marketplace here. It seems like there is a lot less traffic, then same threads every day and minimal activity.

Old 07-18-2014, 02:39 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevdiv48 View Post
Bumping this because I've jumped on the FB auctions bandwagon. I've have good luck unloading some plastic that I wasn't able to here, and for reasonable prices. I honestly think it is a very fair way to deal discs, because it shows, to a tee, exactly what people are willing to pay. Yes, there is ridiculous inflation on pre-flight this, or swirly/pearly that, but so what? If you're buying, put in what bid you're willing to pay up to, and if it gets too high, bummer. As a seller you may luck out and get a nice premium on something. There is always an opportunity to take a significant loss, but in my experience there are enough people out there looking for a variety of plastic that most times you end up alright. I really think that this outlet for dealing plastic is biting into the Marketplace here. It seems like there is a lot less traffic, then same threads every day and minimal activity.
Not exactly. I've had the same disc sell for as little as $7 and as much as $23. All it shows is the ballpark of what people are willing to pay and exactly what the winner was willing to pay.