Old 03-06-2014, 10:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 9.8
Courses Played: 108
Young Pros & Injuries

So, this may be just a random thing I'm noticing that isn't really an issue/trend, but I want to know if anyone else has seen it... When I watch tournaments lately, or on the rare occasions I hit the course for an NT - I feel like I see a disproportionate number of our top *young* touring stars wearing braces, sleeves, and running into quite a lot of injuries typically associated with overuse. Have numbers been in line with what touring pros saw in prior years? Or is the sheer number of tournaments per year enticing them to continue to tour year round for their salary, and leading to the sort of issue that could shorten the careers of a few of those guys that look destined to be at the top for a long time? We've got a great infusion of YOUNG talent right now, the guard has completely changed at the top, and this could be a golden time for the tour and for marketing the PDGA - if these guys all stay healthy and the game stays a part of their lives.

Hate to see some of that chipped away at. How often are these guys taking time off these days?

Sorry random tangents, but just a whole lot of thoughts on the topic.
Sponsored Links