Old 03-11-2014, 08:42 PM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Throwing Style: RHBH
Dynamic Discs: Disc Golf Answer Man Episode 034

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMTWdX52f-g

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Streamed live on Mar 11, 2014

This is the first live broadcast of the Disc Golf Answer Man podcast where you send in your disc golf questions and get answers from 2010 Pro World Champion Eric McCabe.
Old 03-25-2014, 08:02 PM
Plastic Counselor

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

&

Uploaded few hours ago.. These aren't anything special really but I enjoy Emac's take on stuff and hearing about the new Latitude things being I don't follow them as close anymore.

Last edited by Aim For The Chains; 03-25-2014 at 08:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:32 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Courses Played: 19
Broke my heart when he said skywalkers was the only club doing things in emporia and wasn't organized. We've got five smaller clubs now and a big bag tag league with a lot planned for the summer. He's been updated as of yesterday and was happy to hear about the new stuff going on in town. The podcasts are pretty sweet. Bobby has been kicking butt since he got hired on full time.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:34 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteezeOG View Post
Broke my heart when he said skywalkers was the only club doing things in emporia and wasn't organized. We've got five smaller clubs now and a big bag tag league with a lot planned for the summer. He's been updated as of yesterday and was happy to hear about the new stuff going on in town. The podcasts are pretty sweet. Bobby has been kicking butt since he got hired on full time.
You got 5 clubs in one city? Sounds like a lot of conflict going on there, unfortunately.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:37 PM
Plastic Counselor

Quote:
FWIW they seem pretty out of touch actually for being a "answer man" podcast its pretty comical. I like it but wow they need work.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:42 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: LHBH
5 clubs in one city does sound pretty conflicting, but it does make things interesting. "Friendly" league events and challenges against each club would be pretty neat. It also adds some diversity than having one club run the whole shebang and keep things black and while.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:54 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteyBear View Post
You got 5 clubs in one city? Sounds like a lot of conflict going on there, unfortunately.
Clubs is a term used but they are actually more like teams. Like for example he talked about skywalkers. That's the name of a local guy's gym and they have a team of like four players. They have some shirts and will sometimes challenge another team for a team doubles round etc.

The others are the same pretty much. Some have more than others. Like the one I help run is about 12 people with 8 or so regulars. Three women and about five to six guys. Doubles every week and raise a few bucks going towards a new course installation at a day camp. Those are all being combined in the one big bag tag league and singles league we're running for an 18 week season this summer. The idea is to get everyone to meet each other and then starting this upcoming winter organize a revival of the once large and active Emporia Disc Golf Club.

Winter putting league, new bag tags, sanctioned singles league, doubles league. All in the works for next year as well as monthly tournaments and several more food drive tourneys cause the one we helped with earlier this months was a pretty big success. I think we raised over 238 cans and 84 other items and that was just twenty guys who came out on a freezing cold day.

So I'd say it's getting on the right track and going pretty well so far.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:57 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aim For The Chains View Post
FWIW they seem pretty out of touch actually for being a "answer man" podcast its pretty comical. I like it but wow they need work.
It's pretty early on. I think once they get a few more done and get more familiar with the format they want to use it will be pretty fluid. Probably hard to fill up an hour each week or how ever often it is on. I think it's cool though I'd like to see more companies and pros do it. Avery maybe and Jussi.
Old 03-26-2014, 11:59 PM
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi

Quote:
Originally Posted by HybridZombiw View Post
5 clubs in one city does sound pretty conflicting, but it does make things interesting. "Friendly" league events and challenges against each club would be pretty neat. It also adds some diversity than having one club run the whole shebang and keep things black and while.

That's how it is. It's coming together though and next year we'll all be under one big club but with the teams still in tact. We may even rent a bus and start rolling to out of town tournaments as one big group coming to take the moneys.

Old 03-27-2014, 12:01 AM
Plastic Counselor

Quote:
It's pretty early on. I think once they get a few more done and get more familiar with the format they want to use it will be pretty fluid. Probably hard to fill up an hour each week or how ever often it is on. I think it's cool though I'd like to see more companies and pros do it. Avery maybe and Jussi.
Agreed. I just mean as far as putting on a "live" broadcast the info is essentially old news and they don't always have the info.