Old 03-14-2014, 03:55 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 32
I had this crazy fence shot a couple years ago

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Royalhghnss View Post
I had this crazy fence shot a couple years ago

Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.
Is that CSUMB Oaks? Fun course..
Old 03-14-2014, 04:19 PM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by delaveagabeast View Post
Is that CSUMB Oaks? Fun course..
That it is! Good spotting.
Old 03-14-2014, 05:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 35
Throwing Style: RHBH
I'll be out there for bring your own doubles next weekend
Old 03-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 9
I hit a tree square with my vector it kind of scooted around the tree and kept going. Have had it happen a couple of time more all MVP discs all with a lot of spin on them.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:04 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 17
Diamond X in Billings MT. When the wind gets going up and around the cliffs it gets kinda rodeo on either back 9 and I've seen some silly s**t. The craziest was probably 4 or 5 years ago on hole 10 black, which is around 340 and has a sharp cliff drop along the left. My buddy tees into a swirling wind and the disc crushes about 330ish really quickly then hangs up, spinning, and comes back at us boomerang style. It ended up going backwards behind us another 300+ and then down the cliff face who knows how far. Watching discs fly is one of my favorite parts of the game, for better or worse.
Old 03-15-2014, 12:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 34
This happened to me last weekend-

Old 03-15-2014, 02:03 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 12
My cousin and I were playing and I threw a drive and parked the hole, maybe five feet short at the most. He threw his drive and his disc skipped off of my disc. It skipped about 100 feet, around every tree in its path.

There is a hole on my home course with a lines of bushes on either side and a tall tree dead center fairway with a road to the left of the bushes. I threw my drive and it was heading straight for that tree. It miraculously skipped off the bottom branch to add distance to my drive. It was pretty funny.

If you watch the 2012 world championships final 9 vid Will has a drive that turnsover unintentionally and goes O.B. I can't quite see what happens but it somehow kicks back in bounds.
Old 03-15-2014, 02:40 AM
Birdie Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by primal dg View Post
My cousin and I were playing and I threw a drive and parked the hole, maybe five feet short at the most. He threw his drive and his disc skipped off of my disc. It skipped about 100 feet, around every tree in its path.
That reminds me of the time I was playing DeLa, threw my drive on hole 27, it turned over too much, dropped below the treeline, then popped back up and flew another 200 feet. I get down there, and talk to the group on 1. Apparently my disc skipped off the top of one of the guy's on 1 disc while they were both midair. Crazy ****.

Old 03-15-2014, 03:05 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by primal dg View Post
If you watch the 2012 world championships final 9 vid Will has a drive that turnsover unintentionally and goes O.B. I can't quite see what happens but it somehow kicks back in bounds.
Here's the shot (2:25)-

Looks to kick off a haybale or something, definitely skipped off of the road as well.