Old 03-15-2014, 04:41 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Instead of dying and dropping to the ground, my disc remained in motion and spun over the fence! All from about 150ft away.
I've actually done this with a roller shot. Fence was about 4' high.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-15-2014, 04:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose33 View Post
Hey guys,

Today on my lunch break I was out throwing some practice shots. I shanked my Teebird into the wind and it blew Over a chain link fence on the perimiter of the field I throw on.I went to retrieve it and throw it back onto the field and my disc hit the fence about a foot below the top.

Instead of dying and dropping to the ground, my disc remained in motion and spun over the fence! All from about 150ft away.

Have you ever seen one do this or any other extremely odd things?

Break out the stories.
Reminds me of another mysterious chain link fence. Hole 5 at O'hauser plays along the outfield of a baseball diamond. Your throwing from just outside right field, and are throwing it past left field. If you take the anny route. Your disc hangs out over center field, and hopefully gets back in play.

So I smash a drive low/left. Just barely made it over the fence to get it in center field, and there was no way that disc had enough elevation to make it back out over the fence...

Although because I pounded it, and it was a blizzard Katana. The disc turned and burned right into the bottom of the fence. Instead of dying(leaving me O.B.)...the disc started rolling horizontally along the fence. It turned and rolled right up the fence, jumed off, and sort of got back into a normal fight. Hitting the fence took distance off the drive, but getting back into play was just fun to watch.
Old 03-15-2014, 07:29 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 27
Throwing Style: RHBH
I was playing at Perkerson Park last fall and was on, I believe, hole 7. On that hole, you throw downhill into the woods. Well, there is this large oak tree towards the right side of the fairway and my first drive was headed right towards it. At the last second, a gust of wind pushed it to the right of the tree and it skipped off a large branch and back into the middle of the fairway to the left.
Old 03-15-2014, 09:40 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 30
I have noticed that my MVP discs do tend to kick off trees and continue to fly more than any other disc I have thrown. Playing in a tournament a couple weeks ago and threw a really nice shot that I was pretty sure would be parked. Well toward the end of the flight the wind picked up and turned it over quite a bit more than I wanted it to. It pushed it long and right, directly into a tree. It somehow managed to kick straight back 80+' and...parks the hole. The guys on my card were 1. Pissed that it parked 2. Rolling laughing from the way it happened.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:21 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jelyman View Post
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n-6nm...u6rG4Pq1NKU%3D

start watching right around the 5 minute mark.
Talk about spit out! That putter came back out of the chains faster than what he threw it in.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:01 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Dog View Post
Talk about spit out! That putter came back out of the chains faster than what he threw it in.
That would suck so hard! Felt bad for Jussi on that run of putts.
Old 03-15-2014, 11:31 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 30
Wow that is messed up! That had to be like 35+ mph winds!
Old 03-15-2014, 03:11 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 82
this was me -
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 03-15-2014, 05:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 24
I saw a guy throw a thumber from the tee that hit dead center cage just below the chains and it rolled perfectly for about 100' feet back to the teepad