Old 03-15-2014, 08:50 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Doubles Format for Bag Tag Play

Club normally do best shot doubles on Sundays. We have really had a lot if fun with tags this year , one reason because they are new and fancy and we have a tradition that even at outside events, tourneys whatever that if more than one club member is present we play for tags everytime. So at the last local PDGA tourney there were about 9 club members playing so we threw in tags at the end of the tourney.

Any suggestions for a way we could play doubles for tags?
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1394931023.258423.jpg
Old 03-15-2014, 09:04 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 28
My club plays glow rounds, with doubles. We divy the glow tags by team, and settle with a CTP at the end. The closer of the teammates gets the low tag. In the event that two teams are tied, the CTP is between 4 players. If there are more teams tied, then the CTP is between all those players...

It's been working well, no one has complained or come up with a different approach to distribute tags.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:00 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 50
Top team takes two lowest tags, who ever brought the lower one leaves with the lower one.
Old 03-15-2014, 10:13 PM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 317
Make two tag pools after you split into teams. A "low" pool for the player on each team with the lower numbered tag, and a "high" pool for the other player. Cali players and players whose partner doesn't have a tag go in the "low" pool.
Old 03-16-2014, 12:19 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 12.4
Courses Played: 155
Send a message via Yahoo to optidiscic
I think tags are all about the indivual accomplishment and doubles is more for fun and teaching/learning the game.....if dubz gets too competitive you turn off a lot of individual players....especially the beginner new guys who have money and resources that can help your club...do yourself a favor don't cater to the unemployed degenerate top players who have amassed skill by practicing 10 hrs a day instead of working....lol....let the tag rounds be the competitive and the dubz be fun
Old 03-16-2014, 03:05 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 13
Well said optidisc
I prefer singles...
Old 03-16-2014, 08:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 58
Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
I think tags are all about the indivual accomplishment and doubles is more for fun and teaching/learning the game.....if dubz gets too competitive you turn off a lot of individual players....especially the beginner new guys who have money and resources that can help your club...do yourself a favor don't cater to the unemployed degenerate top players who have amassed skill by practicing 10 hrs a day instead of working....lol....let the tag rounds be the competitive and the dubz be fun
This.
Old 03-16-2014, 11:25 AM
Resident Grouch

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 317
Quote:
Originally Posted by optidiscic View Post
I think tags are all about the indivual accomplishment
Actually a lot of clubs make tags so people have a fun means to compete without having to get money involved. There's simply too much quirkiness that goes on with bag tags (namely people with prime numbers not showing up for long periods of time) to suggest that having a good number is anything meaningful, unless of course you show up a lot and walk away with a low number often.

But even there, all it means, is you're one of the better players in your group.

Old 05-20-2014, 05:33 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 8
My leagues tags finally came in today for our doubles league this summer. I'm excited for the chance for a competitive round of doubles. Last year I made wooden tags, which worked well but were very time consuming. This year I tried ear tags for cattle. They feel rubbery and are guaranteed for four years of outside use, so hopefully they can holdup to disc golf bags.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EPDG Tags.jpg (153.7 KB, 19 views)