#1  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:09 PM
The Ox's Avatar
The Ox The Ox is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 54
Posts: 382
Phone corrects PDGA to PGA

Recently got a Galaxy S4 and it just autocorrected PDGA to PGA in a text message.

How can we fix this ?
Sponsored Links
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
Kodachrome's Avatar
Kodachrome Kodachrome is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South St. Paul, MN
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,915
by making disc golf into a real sport.


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

.....









seriously though, you can typically add things to your smartphone's wordbank manually. it should be the same on yours. not sure what the S4 is running but on my experia z1 i get a list of suggestions as i'm typing that includes the word i actually want to use. before i hit "space" i simply tap on it and it will remember it for next time. alternatively you can turn autocorrect off, which i do.
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:11 PM
SteezeOG's Avatar
SteezeOG SteezeOG is offline
Dynamic Discs #1 Fanboi
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: Emporia KS
Courses Played: 19
Posts: 4,430
Download Swiftkey keyboard. Link it to your email and social media. Let it learn how and what you type. Rejoice.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:12 PM
bradharris's Avatar
bradharris bradharris is offline
Team Borderland
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Merrimack, NH
Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 75
Posts: 4,447
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ox View Post
How can we fix this ?
By adding PDGA to your phone's dictionary...
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Aim For The Chains's Avatar
Aim For The Chains Aim For The Chains is offline
FROLF OFF!
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: MINNESOTA
Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 104
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 7,869
Quote:
Originally Posted by bradharris View Post
By adding PDGA to your phone's dictionary...
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:14 PM
BirdieMachine's Avatar
BirdieMachine BirdieMachine is online now
Michael Moore Fan Club President
 
Join Date: Aug 2013
Location: Under Par
Years Playing: 23.7
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,326
My computer won't let me type hyzer with out keying back, stupid thing. I want Hyzer not HYPER!!!

I will have to look into that program.
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 03-13-2014, 08:37 PM
Bencybul's Avatar
Bencybul Bencybul is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 28
Just be careful, pretty soon your phone will learn and you won't be able to type non dg words.
For example; understandable becomes understable. Then you will never get anything done!
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:04 PM
The Ox's Avatar
The Ox The Ox is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: Charlotte, NC
Years Playing: 3.9
Courses Played: 54
Posts: 382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kodachrome View Post
by making disc golf into a real sport.


OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOH!

.....









seriously though, you can typically add things to your smartphone's wordbank manually. it should be the same on yours. not sure what the S4 is running but on my experia z1 i get a list of suggestions as i'm typing that includes the word i actually want to use. before i hit "space" i simply tap on it and it will remember it for next time. alternatively you can turn autocorrect off, which i do.
You nailed it.

The question was in no way about settings on my phone, and trust me, the PDGA is on speed dial.

It was more about how can we change this perception and legitimize the sport ?

In Charlotte this year, we will be "formally reserving" courses for PDGA singles rounds on Saturdays.

Plus, Park and Rec will be running a Youth League at two different courses.
Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 03-13-2014, 09:53 PM
Kodachrome's Avatar
Kodachrome Kodachrome is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: South St. Paul, MN
Years Playing: 2.7
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 3,915
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Ox View Post
You nailed it.

The question was in no way about settings on my phone, and trust me, the PDGA is on speed dial.

It was more about how can we change this perception and legitimize the sport ?

In Charlotte this year, we will be "formally reserving" courses for PDGA singles rounds on Saturdays.

Plus, Park and Rec will be running a Youth League at two different courses.

i wish i knew how, honestly. i was kind of furious to hear that one of our best courses, lakewood hills, could not be reserved for am worlds. it blew my mind. clearly something has to be done on a large scale to get people's attention; the people pitching in and cleaning and making improvements are not making any sort of impression on the local gov'ts that make these sorts of decisions - at least here.

i hope mcfly and the disc golf guy and whoever takes video are the precursors to that. also brandname recognition...purses/money . . . i got a peek at deity's dryfit and damn if it isn't sick looking. seriously classy, looks like a real professional would wear it.
Reply With Quote
 

  #10  
Old 03-13-2014, 10:17 PM
ru4por's Avatar
ru4por ru4por is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Dearborn Michigan
Years Playing: 31.6
Courses Played: 186
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,417
Someday we shall replace typing with a device that can carry our voice, as a primary form of communication.
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:45 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.