Old 03-23-2015, 09:51 PM

Addicted

I am addicted to disc golf I played around a 100 rounce last yr during May to November, I live in Iowa so it's a rough to play during the winter, this yr ive gone 14 days in a row ever since it turned nice. I am concerned that I could damage my arm, part of what drives me to go so often is my desire to improve, which I have very rapidly thanks to so many rounds, right now my arm feels great but im no doctor can I be hurting my arm?
Sponsored Links
Old 03-23-2015, 09:56 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 1161
Throwing Style: RHBH
Addicted but won't play in the snow, in Iowa none the less... Lies, that's not addiction, that's a hobby! A true addict would be out there in the coldest windiest snowiest day and be happy about it. I know, because I'm out there with the other addicts. We laugh at you fair weather golfers and your "addiction"

:P
Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.8
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxc0154 View Post
I am addicted to disc golf I played around a 100 rounce last yr during May to November, I live in Iowa so it's a rough to play during the winter, this yr ive gone 14 days in a row ever since it turned nice. I am concerned that I could damage my arm, part of what drives me to go so often is my desire to improve, which I have very rapidly thanks to so many rounds, right now my arm feels great but im no doctor can I be hurting my arm?
Of course, I'm not a doctor, but if it don't hurt, don't worry about it.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:09 PM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 15
^^agreed! Me first 30+ rounds were in Idaho between November and March! Lots of snow and very cold! But nothing stopped me!

But I don't think you will damage your arm if you are throwing properly and take a break every few days.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:15 PM

I wanted to go so bad over the winter but I found that when you have to wear so many layers that you can hardly move I struggled with my game , I went off and on during the winter when it warmed but you don't have to be rude about it it's not a pissing contest to see who likes disc golf more but going 3- to 6 times a week for 7 months qualifies as an addiction In my book and when I couldn't go I would watch videos to try an see what I could improve on.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:19 PM

Kinda what I thought, Thanks
Old 03-23-2015, 10:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.8
Courses Played: 173
If it starts burning when you urinate, see a doctor. Until then, throw your discs.
Old 03-23-2015, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 1161
Not meaning to be rude - forgot to use the sarcasm font, sorry.

Welcome to the addiction, you're in good company around here, one doesn't really find their way to a disc golf forum without some level of addiction, so we all feel your passion
Old 03-23-2015, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 200
Welcome to the addiction, cxc0154!
Don't worry, most of these guys are cool, they just saw 'addicted' and naturally gravitated to 'you think YOU'RE addicted mode. They're alright. Disc golf is an amazing sport/hobby/addiction/avocation/whatever.

I'm not a doctor, but if you feel soreness persisting, you do need to mix it up. Try a forehand only round. Just putt that day. Go with your off hand.

And some of us crazies do play in everything but lightning and typhoons. Sure, some folks have tried that, but they go on to win Darwin Awards.

Finally, for everyone's amusement:
Something went wrong. Please make sure you added the video correctly. Click here to see how YouTube videos should be embedded. There could also be a technical issue that's not your fault. Click here to view the video on YouTube's site. If this link doesn't work, you did something wrong.

Old 03-23-2015, 10:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cblanch4 View Post
^^agreed! Me first 30+ rounds were in Idaho between November and March! Lots of snow and very cold! But nothing stopped me!

But I don't think you will damage your arm if you are throwing properly and take a break every few days.
The reason for this thread was to question wether I could damage may arm by playing so much not for people to question my addiction or love for the game I absolutely hate it when the weather is bad but I we'll play in the rain and in the wind and the snow but when it gets below 20 degrees I call it, but don't call me a fair weather golfer because a fair weather golfer well only go when it's sunny and 75.