Disc Golf Center
Old 03-31-2014, 04:58 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 29
Throwing Style: LHBH
In my basement I can hit almost everything 20 and in, on the course if I can't set in the basket I'm missing left more than half the time.
Old 03-31-2014, 05:01 PM
Par Member

Those 5-15ft is my problem, pretty much a 50% ft shooter. Funny thing is I have a deadly 3 point shot
Old 03-31-2014, 05:28 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: LHBH
when I get in close I forget form & just toss it towards the basket. I notice when I hit the basket low it is bacause I am flat on my feet. Bottom line, if you lift you back leg or if your push off the back foot when you put from 25' -35' try the same motion closer.
Old 04-16-2014, 07:33 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 2.4
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
i believe i have solved my problem and also improved my putting in general at the same time. i've changed my form to more of a "second throw desperation putt" stance and found that it's actually very natural for me to putt from that stance. the most i do is rock back on my left toes and then just lean forward.
Old 04-16-2014, 08:27 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 20
I have found that when I start characteristically missing (around 20 or less feet) gimme putts, or worse, start overstepping and getting fall putts regularly, I look at my form/method and realize I have not kept to the philosophy of moving from the ground up. The most important thing for my putting, be it flying it in or pushing it in, is getting my body motion to start in my ankles/feet, no matter how little distance I have to throw, and work its way up through my core to my hand.

When I am off, I use a muted lunge that starts around my waist level, and either don't get a weight shift and throw short/left, or do get a weight shift and throw high/right. When I do the high/right shot, I also tend to fall forward and then fall putt, or fall kind of sideways just looking silly. Fixing it just takes slowing down and doing a couple of practice follow-through's to get a renewed since of "ground-up" motion.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:18 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.3
Courses Played: 12
I recently decided to work on my putting. I am not good at any range, but found lack of commitment being one of the problems on 15-25 footers . Kind of like your desperation putt description. When I miss a short putt, I pickup my approach disc and hammer the chains in frustration . I make my " frustration" putt more often than I do my putt........
Old 04-16-2014, 11:26 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
IMO if you don't become of the mindset that you WILL make the putt at a certain distance and truly go at it with ZERO fear, you will have problems. Now that is easier said than done for most of us. When I am 'on' I go for it, and make most putts even with my limited skills. But it is a mental game especially within the 10m circle. When you take a putt or approach with doubt you have most likely already missed that shot. Now it is up to someone much smarter than me to figure out how you become 100% confident in those shots.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:32 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 43
My major problem area is right at 20 to 25 feet.... it just feels like I don't commit to those putts for some reason. Back me up to 30 and my % goes up for some reason.
Old 04-16-2014, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 199
Because you have no expectations at longer distances therefore no fear. It is a tricky mental game.

Old 04-17-2014, 12:28 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 42
There's a non-trouble range???