Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 04-03-2014, 02:28 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 82
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Some people are just wired that way. I've played casual rounds with guys who kicked their discs back in bounds when they thought I wasn't looking, triple flipped their disc before putting, etc etc. They think they're being slick or whatever but in reality people notice, make a mental note and then eventually refuse to play with them.
Winter rules.

BTW, she's a looker. I wonder if 2nd place finishers get as much sweet sweet action as 1st place finishers.
Old 04-03-2014, 02:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrembo View Post
She didn't win. She came in second.
That's pro level cheating, you don't cheat for the win because that would draw extra attention. Or maybe she isn't good enough to win even when cheating.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:28 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.4
Courses Played: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stardoggy View Post
Winter rules.

BTW, she's a looker. I wonder if 2nd place finishers get as much sweet sweet action as 1st place finishers.

Second from the right.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:43 PM

The story is that those who knew about the first time she got flat out busted for pencil-whipping thought she deserved a stearn punishment for such blatant cheating. When the PDGA issued only a written warning, which wasn't even made public, those in the know about her past offence and rumors of inconsistent scores in other tournaments as well, weren't happy about it. Steps were taken to make the Finnish Disc Golf Association (and in the case of the Eurotour, PDGA Europe) primary recipiants of disciplinary reports in the future. The European associations would now themselves recieve, investigate and and make recomendations for disciplinary sanctions, whereafter the final stamp of approval, whould then be given at the PDGA headquarters.

I think this procedure was in effect after Henna Määttäs most recent **** up. Hence probably why The Finnish Disc Golf Assiociation issued a public statement stating that H.M. is suspended from FDGA - sanctioned play for cheating atleast until the PDGA makes a ruling. http://frisbeegolfliitto.fi/category/uutiset/

One additional interesting aspect of this is that Henna Määttä took last years finnish nationals by a mere two strokes!
Old 04-03-2014, 05:36 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 14
just FYI Henna was the NOT so attractive one....not that THAT has anything to do with it....but.....................
Old 04-03-2014, 06:13 PM
.:Team Innova Crew:.

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 81
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
This is no way to grow the sport. It seems this isn't her first time doing this.

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/finnish...ating-scandal/
This is subject to disciplinary action by the PDGA. A 6-12 month suspension perhaps.

What a shame
Old 04-03-2014, 07:03 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
Some people are just wired that way. I've played casual rounds with guys who kicked their discs back in bounds when they thought I wasn't looking, triple flipped their disc before putting, etc etc. They think they're being slick or whatever but in reality people notice, make a mental note and then eventually refuse to play with them.
its casual rounds. i dont even use a mini for them. i let my friends take their **** shot outta the woods if they want, but i take dg more seriously than them and i personally do not. if thats what it takes to keep them coming back and hanging out for a fun filled round and its fun for them then so be it

do it in a tourney though and you better get your ass called on it
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.8
Courses Played: 29
When I was a very young age, my Dad shared his axiom about cheating: If you cheat to win, your win is empty and meaningless.

.........and even worse if you cheat and STILL lose!
Old 04-03-2014, 09:47 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.3
Courses Played: 167
That's pathetic. It's sad to see something as bush league as pencil whipping at that level.

Old 04-03-2014, 10:41 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.5
Courses Played: 18
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
its casual rounds. i dont even use a mini for them. i let my friends take their **** shot outta the woods if they want, but i take dg more seriously than them and i personally do not. if thats what it takes to keep them coming back and hanging out for a fun filled round and its fun for them then so be it

do it in a tourney though and you better get your ass called on it
This is a absolutely true. My usual crew all play fantasy sports. You name it, they do it. Weather they follow the sport or know the rules. They are stat driven. Still they can't seem to get their foot in the right place when it comes to their own game. These are the same folks that like to play the easy ass home course rather than a harder course because it would screw up their overall average. I just laugh and point out (or more often ignore) their mistakes. 'Yeah.... You won. Good job'.......