Go Back   Disc Golf Course Review > General Disc Golf Discussions > General Disc Golf Chat

Old 04-04-2014, 12:34 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 2.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Dub View Post
This is no way to grow the sport. It seems this isn't her first time doing this.

http://allthingsdiscgolf.com/finnish...ating-scandal/
On the bright side....it's probably her last time. That is invariably good for the sport.

What more it seems the Europeans are being completely transparent and definitive about this. I really respect that.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:45 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Puttsalot View Post
On the bright side....it's probably her last time. That is invariably good for the sport.

What more it seems the Europeans are being completely transparent and definitive about this. I really respect that.
I agree. Good for the European disc golf community to openly admit that this happens, and to handle it with tact. Here in Korea, cheating is expected. At Nationals, the TD (in Korean) told all the Korean players: "Try not to cheat, the Americans will catch you."
Old 04-04-2014, 09:11 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyJB View Post
I agree. Good for the European disc golf community to openly admit that this happens, and to handle it with tact. Here in Korea, cheating is expected. At Nationals, the TD (in Korean) told all the Korean players: "Try not to cheat, the Americans will catch you."
Man I am so tired of America thinking its the World's policeman lol

Cheating at disc golf is ridiculous and sad, and yet, I see it often every season. Little things. Taking liberty with foot placement, setting up in bushes, "forgetting" the drop in also counts as a stroke, obvious jump putting, etc etc etc
Old 04-04-2014, 09:33 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
That's pathetic. It's sad to see something as bush league as pencil whipping at that level.
are we now comparing dg to nascar?? lol
Old 04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 24.4
Courses Played: 56
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by elmexdela View Post
its casual rounds. i dont even use a mini for them. i let my friends take their **** shot outta the woods if they want, but i take dg more seriously than them and i personally do not. if thats what it takes to keep them coming back and hanging out for a fun filled round and its fun for them then so be it

do it in a tourney though and you better get your ass called on it

The guys I tend to play with are pretty serious competitors. They play casual rounds like tourney rounds. We always play OB, mandos, etc. That is why I mentioned kicking a disc back in when they think nobody is looking and triple flipping a disc. I'm happy to hear that your friends don't take it seriously. Thanks for sharing.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:19 PM
Noodle Arm

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
"Määttä had only been playing for two years and had represented Europe in 2013′s President’s Cup. She was recognized by her country for her talent and was invited to the Sportman’s Gala, a year end event in Finland where the greatest athletes in their respective sports are honored."

Wow.
That is exactly what I was thinking!
Old 04-04-2014, 01:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 34.5
Courses Played: 81
Send a message via Yahoo to Jay Dub
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hampstead View Post
The guys I tend to play with are pretty serious competitors. They play casual rounds like tourney rounds. We always play OB, mandos, etc. That is why I mentioned kicking a disc back in when they think nobody is looking and triple flipping a disc. I'm happy to hear that your friends don't take it seriously. Thanks for sharing.
If you play competitive golf on a regular basis this^^ is how you should play the casual rounds.
Old 04-04-2014, 01:57 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 30.6
Courses Played: 77
We usually have a few $$$ for most rounds so rules are important. I don't mean the rules about image (no beer, shirts with collars, and those types of rules), but rules regarding competitive play are always in place to insure fairness. Same as with tag play. Now if you're out to get in a few holes before dark or showing the neighbor the game, sure, there is plenty of flexibility with that.
Old 04-04-2014, 02:03 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 10
People can play however they please outside of organized competitions, but, if you're counting strokes, you should be playing by the rules. Otherwise, your score is meaningless.

Having said that, I often times do not count strokes at all when I play with my friends. We just go out to have fun, and I get a lot of enjoyment out of being outdoors and making particular shots.

Old 04-04-2014, 02:06 PM
*#!SuiCiDe AnKLeS*$$

Years Playing: 3.1
Courses Played: 88
There's always winter Biathlon and Ski Jumping.