Old 03-22-2014, 09:14 AM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 1
Default Westside world

The other thread is to old to post in.

So how are the worlds flying? Anyone break them in to be bombers yet? It seems real fast!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 03-22-2014, 09:39 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 88
Throwing Style: RHBH

Just so you know, with such older threads, there's a box to click acknowledging that you know how old the thread is that enables you to post in it.

Still need to toss my World myself....
Old 03-22-2014, 09:49 AM
* Ace Member *

The rim feels huge to me but I dont know if it's actually any bigger than what I normally throw.

I don't even know how much you would have to break these in. I had a few huge throws in my limited testing.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:58 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 25.1
Courses Played: 47

The rim is 2.4. So smaller then all the top speed stuff by a hair. I actually can grip it really well, where I have more trouble gripping a Nuke or Cannon. That .1 makes a big difference.

No I haven't thrown it yet though, SNOW SUCKS!
Old 03-22-2014, 10:05 AM
* Ace Member *

interesting

I also hate the nuke rim, so that probably isn't helping. I'm currently screwing around with a giant and world to see who gets a spot in the bag. I know they're different discs but I'm kinda hoping the world can cover my overstable shots.
Old 03-22-2014, 03:03 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 37

I have several and my most worn is really starting to bomb. I can get a decent amount of turn out of it but it still has a strong fade(at 400-425pwr) I am carrying two in the bag right now 167with lots of use and a 174 with less wear(I have had these since the pre-release) I throw the fresher one for a harder fade and into headwinds. I am gonna try some TP's soon and am hoping that they are less stable and that I could eventually cycle these as an exclusive distance driver. Oh... and for those interested lets take this to the other thread. I think there are 3-4 now
Old 03-15-2015, 04:53 PM
Eagle Member

Who is still throwing these? Heard a lot of people loving them a while ago, and have started to see less and less. What do you still love or hate about this disc? I am personally starting to love this disc more and more for big distance shots, and have even become more confident in throwing them on big lines in the woods when I would usually just throw a trespass or fairway driver. Anyways, just wanted to see where people were at with these, and any new loves they have acquired for this disc.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:03 PM
Par Member

Courses Played: 3

I still love the world, but I only use it for open holes >400'. I have one TP world that I got out to >450' (PR) but I had to put a new VIP in the bag because the TP was getting too much turn. I'm generally more confident throwing a crave or PD up to 400' especially because I get way less side to side motion, more consistently. But I haven't found anything better for distance drives. I still need Giants because I trust their HSS more than the Worlds.

Question: are Star/Gold/TP distance drivers longer that Champion/Opto/VIP? I'm not sure if that's true, but it seems like my TP world has more glide that my VIP, even though they're the same stability. I can get the TP one further consistently.
Old 03-15-2015, 05:18 PM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 14.1
Courses Played: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeLa-Loc654 View Post
Question: are Star/Gold/TP distance drivers longer that Champion/Opto/VIP? I'm not sure if that's true, but it seems like my TP world has more glide that my VIP, even though they're the same stability. I can get the TP one further consistently.
Generally speaking, yes. Star/ESP/TP/Icon/etc will have a tick more distance overall, especially when worn in. The abrasions from wear break up the air surrounding the disc like the dimples on a golf ball.

Someone can go 400 level on my comment but I doubt you're looking for more info than I just gave you.

Old 03-15-2015, 05:51 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoss22 View Post
Who is still throwing these?
I'm just starting to get in to the World of Worlds.

My main driver is the Trespass and I was looking for something a bit more stable. The VIP World was that for about a month, but it is now turning quite a bit as well. As a result it is my longest disc in the bag, but I probably need a new one for the tighter lines. Should be easier to find a stable World than a Trespass. Enforcer is great, but too much for a workhorse DD.