Disc Golf Store
Old 04-05-2014, 12:36 PM
Par Member

DX Teebird and Star Leopard overlap?

Finally picked up a DX Teebird. Haven't used it much, but so far it seems to basically behave like a slightly longer version of my Star Leo (also mostly new).

Does this sound about right? Any reason to carry both?
Old 04-05-2014, 12:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 59
Throwing Style: LHBH
I would says as far as stability goes they are real close. Maybe try a champ teebird to compliment the star leopard.
Old 04-05-2014, 12:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Star and champ Leo's are surprisingly stable and a dx Teebirds may indeed overlap especially as it beats in some.

Champ or star teebird will be enough of a gap to keep them in. I used to roll star Leo pro Leo and it was a nice combo.

Old 04-06-2014, 03:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 1.4
Courses Played: 13
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrGlass01 View Post
Star and champ Leo's are surprisingly stable and a dx Teebirds may indeed overlap especially as it beats in some.

Champ or star teebird will be enough of a gap to keep them in. I used to roll star Leo pro Leo and it was a nice combo.
My star Leo is far more stable/over stable compared to my dx versions for sure. I still bag 150 Leo for down wind and uphill turnovers my 170 star holds to about 8-10 mph headwind before it turns and burns at around 300 ft of power. I have a few champ Leo's around 170g that are so beefy that they don't fit my typical mindset for a Leo type shot. I have a champ tbird and it's twice as over stable as my dx versions. My dx bird needs only a slight headwind before it gets slightly flippy. I only backhand champ t into headwind and it gets thumber duty . My fresh champ t bird is almost identical to beat champ firebird. Point being, champ and star can be significantly different in stability vs dx. And sometimes that diff fits nicely in the bag.