Old 07-17-2014, 11:14 AM

Thumbs up Recommendation for low ceiling driver

Hello, I mainly throw RHFH when driving and was looking for a somewhat low flying disc that would be good in low ceiling situations and held a tight path(doesn't need to flex a lot). I am looking for a distance driver and/or fairway driver mainly.

Also on a side note if you have any suggestions on something similar to a Firebird from Legacy, MVP, DD, Latitude 64, or Westside it would be appreciated.

Thanks
Old 07-17-2014, 11:20 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Gazelle is a great Low Flyer.... MVP Resistor is very Firebird like maybe a little shorter.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:22 AM

Awesome I will check them out. Mainly was looking for something that could hold a tight low line fairly decent. Heard good things about the Gazelle, but have never thrown one.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:23 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.5
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Motion is a lot more like a FB than Resistor.

Anything makes a good low ceiling disc to be honest, usually something with little turn and little fade - a small fade being more important. I could literally list 20 great molds for the shot you're asking...
Old 07-17-2014, 11:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.2
Courses Played: 74
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by justinds89 View Post
Awesome I will check them out. Mainly was looking for something that could hold a tight low line fairly decent. Heard good things about the Gazelle, but have never thrown one.
For straight shots get a DX Gazelle and if you want something with a bit more fade try to find a CRF Golw Gazelle. The Dx will break in kinda fast but will start with a little bit of fade at the end. Once you break them in they fly like a dream. I really like 9x and 11x Gazelles but the price tag for those is around $30 just for a thrower.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:26 AM

Will check it out. I have only ever thrown MVPs putters, but been wanting to try some of there mids and drivers out.

Right, so something with a fade of 1 or 2 is probably optimal? Trying to avoid anything the requires much flexing.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:28 AM

Oh okay cool man. Yeah $30 is a bit steep for a thrower ha, but I might have to give one a go.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
yeah resistor for slower FB and motion would be closer to the speed/feel which offer that true 0 HSS -- the shock is another great OS mold but will develop some turn while keeping its fade.

A volt or crave are my go-to low ceiling discs for tight wooded holes regardless of the shot BH/FH' What I love about a volt is they fly nearly as far as many 11 speed distance drivers but offer more control.
Old 07-17-2014, 11:29 AM
*Hiding in Mike C's Closet*

Years Playing: 9.1
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
Hello, I mainly throw RHFH when driving and was looking for a somewhat low flying disc that would be good in low ceiling situations and held a tight path(doesn't need to flex a lot). I am looking for a distance driver and/or fairway driver mainly.

Also on a side note if you have any suggestions on something similar to a Firebird from Legacy, MVP, DD, Latitude 64, or Westside it would be appreciated.

Thanks
low ceiling with minimal turn/fade fairway driver would be a Legacy Patriot for me.

and instead of a firebird would be an MVP Resistor for me, although the resistor doesn't have as much fade, its HSS is just as good and the less fade makes it more workable and easier to handle imo.

Old 07-17-2014, 11:31 AM
Plastic Counselor

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 103
Quote:
Will check it out. I have only ever thrown MVPs putters, but been wanting to try some of there mids and drivers out.

Right, so something with a fade of 1 or 2 is probably optimal? Trying to avoid anything the requires much flexing.
anode & axis/alias would be the slower molds from MVP I suggest unless you like a shallow putter then Envy is stupid straight with a touch of LSS.

Inspire from axiom also is their newest fairway driver which is slightly understable but not flippy at all and wont fade out like a volt/crave.