Old 05-07-2010, 11:45 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 64
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via AIM to billnchristy
When I get better I am going to check one out.

Support these guys, they are cool, they are giving me some for my women!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:47 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waddly Hobbins View Post
I am still waiting for the Medium Ions to be release. The softs, while I still love them, are a bit flexible for the "pop" part of my putt and I would like to try out something stiffer.
I am with ya there. I think the Mediums will be the perfect putter for me. The floppiness of the Ion is my only complaint, but I am still putting with them. Can't wait for the mediums!
Old 05-07-2010, 11:52 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
Yea...even with the floppiness I still prefer it to anything else I've putt with. I keep putting with my soft Ions so that I may transition smoothly to putting with my mediums as soon as they are released.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:20 PM
* Ace Member *

Just like you guys I thought when I got my mediums I'd be putting with them...problem is, in the meantime I became too fond of the softs to switch when I got my mediums. Maybe over time they will seduce me, but currently I'm still digging the softs.
Old 05-07-2010, 12:34 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 31
I think that I will keep the softs for approach/ outside the circle putts and the mediums will be for 30' and in.

This is all hypothetical though, I may go to the store, feel them, and then choose to stick with my softs.
Old 05-07-2010, 06:43 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 89
I hit my first Ion ace today!

The shot was only 212', but a few well placed trees require you to hit your line perfectly. My 175g yellow Ion flew lazer straight and gently floated into the basket. It was so quiet that people on the next hole didn't even hear it.
Old 05-07-2010, 07:40 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseTheAce View Post
I hit my first Ion ace today!

The shot was only 212', but a few well placed trees require you to hit your line perfectly. My 175g yellow Ion flew lazer straight and gently floated into the basket. It was so quiet that people on the next hole didn't even hear it.
Awesome! That might be the first known Ion ace...Its the first I've heard of!

Also, I practiced a bunch with my medium Ions today, now that I have 4, and I think I'm switching. They are grippier now that it has warmed up outside and they fit my preferred putting style a little better than the softs, which have gotten softer since it warmed up. I was banging down from everywhere after struggling to get a consistent release with the softs. They take a bit more of a spin putt then I usually like. I have a 1/2 pitch 1/2 spin putt that the mediums are perfect for. I'll be driving/approaching with the softs and putting with the mediums.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:15 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to Animage
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post

Also, I practiced a bunch with my medium Ions today, now that I have 4, and I think I'm switching. They are grippier now that it has warmed up outside and they fit my preferred putting style a little better than the softs, which have gotten softer since it warmed up. I was banging down from everywhere after struggling to get a consistent release with the softs. They take a bit more of a spin putt then I usually like. I have a 1/2 pitch 1/2 spin putt that the mediums are perfect for. I'll be driving/approaching with the softs and putting with the mediums.
I was wondering how the plastic is going to be on the softs. Wisconsin has some funky weather, but at least down there in florida you know what high heat and high humidity feels like.

I'll be interested to see how my putting is affected since the ion made the #1 putter slot for me.
Old 05-07-2010, 09:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.3
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Aw man! I was close to my first ace ever, with my ION in a short, tightly wooded course on a couple holes. That short course use to be really tough for me with all the trees but I am really nailing lines and threading needles. I dont know if it is from playing that course a lot lately or the ION. Probably a little of both.

Just eye the line you want, snap the disc out; doesnt require a lot of arm, just snap it; and it just cruises right where you want it. Little more time and I wont just be parking every hole 200'-225'. Can get 250 but I gotta put more arm and full motion into it.

Also, wonder if they will ever do any glow version. Seems like it would be a sweet glow disc.

Old 05-07-2010, 09:51 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 89
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post

That was the first thing that came to mind when I hit it haha.

I read your most recent post on dgcr and I know exactly what you mean about the weather. I live in Texas and we are already up to 94* weather They softs are beginning to get floppier, but nothing too drastic.

Also, thanks for the continuous spot on reviews. I feel we both are in the same boat, especially since you switched from Voodoos as well. Each time I read one of your posts I am able to apply it to my Ion use or relate to it.