Old 01-07-2012, 02:35 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtbingster View Post
I want a beadless Ion so badly to pair with my new stable ones, partly because I'm guessing I'll never get a early neutral Ion to beat in.
One of my first runs is completely beadless and its an amazing understable putter. Off the tee with a little bit of height its got the right fade of lhbh throw.
I throw it on a tunnel shot fairway that turns right at around 225' and it follows the fairway like it was remote controlled
Old 01-07-2012, 05:19 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by Violets caddy View Post
One of my first runs is completely beadless and its an amazing understable putter. Off the tee with a little bit of height its got the right fade of lhbh throw.
I throw it on a tunnel shot fairway that turns right at around 225' and it follows the fairway like it was remote controlled
MVP needs to replicate this into a new putter (obv can't be called the ion because it won't be the same as an Ion.) My 2nd runs are still too stable when not being ripped off the tee as my drive.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
maybe they could make the old ones (minus the sand blasting and opaque plastic) and call it the ion. Then have the current run and call them the Mitosis putter
Old 01-07-2012, 05:29 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 16.3
Courses Played: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
MVP needs to replicate this into a new putter (obv can't be called the ion because it won't be the same as an Ion.) My 2nd runs are still too stable when not being ripped off the tee as my drive.
I agree
It would be nice have a easy to replace understable Ion.
Old 01-07-2012, 05:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 55
Send a message via Skype™ to UnitedPuppySlayer
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
maybe they could make the old ones (minus the sand blasting and opaque plastic) and call it the ion. Then have the current run and call them the Mitosis putter
The 2nd runs are still more os than the first runs. It would need to be a truly beadless putter. And Mitosis seems to biological whereas the rest of the names have been more chemistry/math related. Perhaps the Anion?

anion
Noun:
A negatively charged ion.
Old 01-07-2012, 06:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
I was going more on the idea that the overstable ions spawned out of the understable ones. Split apart from the same mold and all.

but sure... anion.
Old 01-07-2012, 07:33 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnitedPuppySlayer View Post
The 2nd runs are still more os than the first runs. It would need to be a truly beadless putter. And Mitosis seems to biological whereas the rest of the names have been more chemistry/math related. Perhaps the Anion?

anion
Noun:
A negatively charged ion.
I just got a lighter weight(164) opaque ion and it's very neutral compared to my heavier ions that are considerably more broken in. It holds a very nice turn and doesn't really come back when thrown with just slight annhyzer. I have a 174 2nd run that I was expecting to be much more neutral but it is quite stable in comparison. Maybe until the beadless putter comes out you could search out a light ion.

Oh and I like the name anti-matter for the next disc

Last edited by ian.w; 01-07-2012 at 07:36 PM.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:13 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 43
I have a 164 too and they're a lot of fun. If it were a soft I'd consider putting with it, they drop so slow on a putt. I was using mine today for standstill approach shots...that extra glide is nice when you can't get a run up.

I don't know what I was doing right today but I putted like a beast. I played 34 holes at my home course and I think I only missed 1, maybe 2 putts inside the circle. Had 4 or 5 50' putts I sank dead center chains. One I even had two trees in between me and the basket giving me a 5' wide gap on a 55' putt. Sank it.....friend said quit showing off lol. If my driving was as good as my putting today I would of thrown one of my best rounds.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:25 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quit showing off

Old 01-07-2012, 08:34 PM
Par Member

I bought a couple of the 175 glow ions and love them. I never used ions before but they were too sexy to say no to. Everyone who sees them on my course for the first time has to grab one and check it out. Been using them for about a month now and my putting has been great. They really suit my style perfectly. I'm going to get a soft one just to see the difference.