Old 01-07-2012, 09:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Courses Played: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike C View Post
I have a 164 too and they're a lot of fun. If it were a soft I'd consider putting with it, they drop so slow on a putt. I was using mine today for standstill approach shots...that extra glide is nice when you can't get a run up.

I don't know what I was doing right today but I putted like a beast. I played 34 holes at my home course and I think I only missed 1, maybe 2 putts inside the circle. Had 4 or 5 50' putts I sank dead center chains. One I even had two trees in between me and the basket giving me a 5' wide gap on a 55' putt. Sank it.....friend said quit showing off lol. If my driving was as good as my putting today I would of thrown one of my best rounds.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ian.w
Quit showing off
seriously mike... just start competing already. I'm sure MVP would support you if you win a couple tournies by driving their putters farther than everyone else.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:18 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by cfair View Post
seriously mike... just start competing already. I'm sure MVP would support you if you win a couple tournies by driving their putters farther than everyone else.
2012 is a whole new year. I second this.
Old 01-07-2012, 09:35 PM
Birdie Member

I think they should make a beadless Ion and call it the Quark
Old 01-07-2012, 10:07 PM
* Ace Member *

I am still waiting for someone to dye vector from despicable me onto a vector for me. If I start throwing the vector, I will want one of those. That way, whenever something good happens with the vector I can go "OH YEAH!"
Old 01-08-2012, 01:36 AM
Thread_Killer :::crickets:::

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 21
i need to invest in lightweight ion(s)...lightest ive thrown is 172. i knew from years of playing i like my main putter 174 or max weight, but figured i could drop a few grams due to the discs unique capabilities...sounds like i should drop 10 grams instead of 2-3 (and carry both).

and whether its called the anion or onion or smegma or mikec i just want a beadless ion out of the box
Old 01-08-2012, 04:40 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripenemys2k View Post
i need to invest in lightweight ion(s)...lightest ive thrown is 172. i knew from years of playing i like my main putter 174 or max weight, but figured i could drop a few grams due to the discs unique capabilities...sounds like i should drop 10 grams instead of 2-3 (and carry both).

and whether its called the anion or onion or smegma or mikec i just want a beadless ion out of the box
Lol beadless Ion called the Mike C?

More like the bearded Ion, AMIRITE?
Old 01-08-2012, 09:20 AM
* Ace Member *

^^^
we are all starting to get a little close to his jock...
Old 01-08-2012, 10:22 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by gripenemys2k View Post
i knew from years of playing i like my main putter 174 or max weight, but figured i could drop a few grams due to the discs unique capabilities...sounds like i should drop 10 grams instead of 2-3 (and carry both).

Yeah, I thought my 170's would be a lot straighter than my 174's, but they're about the same. I've got one @164 and it's more what I was looking for.
Old 01-08-2012, 12:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 4.1
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
I have fallen in love with mine. And I haven't had it 48 hours yet. I really love that rounded inner rim for putting, and as my first beaded disc, I love the grip the bead gives for control grips for aproaches. Mine is a light translucent blue, yet stands out brightly against the ground somehow. One problem is that I seem to be rolling it over quite a bit, as it is being quite understable for me on drives. It putts great though, unlike me.

Old 01-08-2012, 12:29 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.4
Courses Played: 278
I throw a max weight Soft Ion (current run) and it turns over very easily as well. I find Mediums are just a little more stable. I feel that for driving/approaching the Ion is a disc you don't throw full strength for a line-drive like a VP or Pig. It's great to throw a little gently and it's glide keeps it aloft more than most other putters I've tried to throw the same way and of course the Ion fades very little which is part of its magic. I'm not saying I throw it like a wuss. I throw my Ion slow and controlled. I'm thinking all about form while throwing it and barely at all about power. That's probably why it flies so well.

I would love to see MVP come out with a very overstable driving putter and a beadless.