Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
i dont agree at all with jeremiah
Old 05-12-2010, 04:41 PM
Banned

Courses Played: 46
I am asking why you told people to get an innova or dc disc, not about the weight.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:42 PM
Banned

Also a 170 rhyno has less glide and is better in the wind than a 175 aviar. You are using your discs backwards.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:44 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by djjeremiahj View Post
the Ion is a good disc, but it represents nothing new or re-invented. I bet, if any of you were given a putter that is different than your own, 1/2 would find amazing results and 1/2 would hate it.
i'm not questioning the disc, i'm questioning its use and intention.
I am going to guess that the use would be for throwing and putting and the intention would be for a good, straight flying disc that is premium plastic on the inside with a base plastic overmold.

Not every disc that comes out has to reinvent how we play the game.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Delicious View Post
I am asking why you told people to get an innova or dc disc, not about the weight.

why spend $18 on an experiment when another brand that is much more readily available can serve the same purpose?

in 6 months the ion fad will have passed. when it's done, it will be a recognized disc, but it will settle back into the ranks of "just another disc" that if used properly can be effective (depending on the owner).

I tried it, and evaluated it, just like every other "i'm a compulsive disc junkie" purchase.... in the end, with proper persepective, i didnt see that it was anything more or less than what was already available. It's not a "must have" or "immediately found a place in my bag".....
it's just another tool that i might or might not use. i have a very proficient long range putt/short approach game.... this disc wasnt an epiphany to me... i applaud those that found a new level to theri game, this disc may do that for some.

Last edited by djjeremiahj; 05-12-2010 at 04:49 PM.
Old 05-12-2010, 04:46 PM
Banned

Why buy a disc to try it out and see if it fits your game when you could just buy another disc to try out and see if it fits your game? Is that what you are saying?
Old 05-12-2010, 04:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 15
Throwing Style: RHBH
Its funny because mine didnt find an immediate place in my bag. I played a rounds worth with it exclusively; liked it, but didnt see anything special and left it behind the next round; then I missed it, so back in it went.

I find the more I use it, the more I see results of what your buddy is seeing. Its just extremely accurate.
Old 05-12-2010, 05:05 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 5
Throwing Style: LHBH
Frank, why are you defending the Ion so hard? Didn't you say it was your 3rd favourite putter? (DGR forum) On that same note, I'm too lazy to check that thread, how has your new Ion beat in? Has it also gotten really flippy or was that an anomaly?
Old 05-12-2010, 05:08 PM
Banned

The Ion is my 3rd favorite putter but djjamamaraj is spouting some nonsense so I am asking him to defend his nonsense.

Old 05-12-2010, 05:14 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 31
I actually like mine to putt within 30 as well. It also acts nothing like my buzzz (I have multiple in different weights/ plastics.) My ions are much more controllable under 200'.

I don't understand why you would want people using the Ion to stop and start using something made by Innova or Discraft? Unless you have stock in one of those companies, what does it matter what someone else throws for their putters?