Disc Golf Store
Old 06-13-2011, 09:07 PM
Birdie Member

My Ions became my "putting" putters within moments of opening the box that contained them. They feel better in my hand than any other putter I've held.

However, I have a seasoned Champ Rhyno that still gets the driving work.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-13-2011, 11:04 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
I tried putting with mine but prefer it for upshots.

Psst... I have 2 Soft No Stamp Ions available in my sale thread!
Old 06-13-2011, 11:21 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 34
been away from this thread for awhile, so I may have missed this. But I have seen the new production soft ions in stores, but have they come out with the medium ones yet?
Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 6
They are mean for upshots with their ability to softly float down to the destination when thrown right.
Old 06-14-2011, 08:51 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by hooked312 View Post
been away from this thread for awhile, so I may have missed this. But I have seen the new production soft ions in stores, but have they come out with the medium ones yet?
I've asked the same question here and DGR to no avail...
Old 06-14-2011, 09:19 AM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
How can you tell? I got an order of them about 3 weeks ago.
Old 06-14-2011, 09:54 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 34
the new runs of the soft ions do not have that textured feel on the inside of the plate. Also they put all of the writing like "MVP" and "Ion" molded onto the rims like the Vectors have.
Old 06-14-2011, 01:31 PM
.:MVP Company Rep:.

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 17
Quote:
We have been shipping out some to stores now, and will continue as more runs are made.
Old 06-15-2011, 01:57 PM
*Moderator*

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 278
Quote:
the new runs of the soft ions do not have that textured feel on the inside of the plate. Also they put all of the writing like "MVP" and "Ion" molded onto the rims like the Vectors have.
Thanks for the clarification. We've got a bunch of these at our course. They were ordered/shipped the first week of May.

I've got a marketplace thread for them if anyone's interested.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=35427

Old 06-24-2011, 09:35 AM
* Ace Member *

I went to the MVP warehouse and factory yesterday and man there is a lot of new stuff going on with Ions...

For example, soon new Ions(and all other MVP discs) will have "Patent Pending" embossed in the center.

Also, I sampled LIGHTWEIGHT Ions of several types. There are now both softs and mediums in the 160s, and this is good news for everyone. As I tested 2 medium 168-169s and a soft 170 I quickly realized that I really have barely any need for heavy Ions...These new lighter ones are blowing me away because as far as I can tell they seem to glide much more without having a downside. They are just as stable as their heavier brethren and they go farther on a lower line. On full power rips they hold steady with just a slight turn, just like the heavies...Even in headwinds they held up about as well as the heavies, and BY FAR better than any other putter at this weight. The mediums are super straight and my lighter soft is a touch more stable. These make approaching so much easier as well. After talking with Blake about putters some time ago he really had me curious about lighter putters...However, I was throwing Voodoos at the time and when I got some lighter ones they just didn't do anything for me other than flip sometimes when I didn't want them to. Now with these new Ions I'm really starting to revisit some of those discussions.

I also tested an *Ion prototype of an undisclosable nature* that weighed under 165 and had glide and stability perhaps unmatched by any previous Ion I've thrown. They had to pry it from my hands before I left as it is one of only a few protos, but I assure you some more revolutionary Ion work is soon to come. I'm excited as hell and I will probably be going home and giving away some of my old Ions to those in need in my community... :wink: