Old 09-21-2014, 02:05 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Arrow DGA Giveaway - Day 1!

In order to highlight the new DGA apparel logo and some of this years best new DGA apparel and discs, DGA has teamed up with DGCR for an apparel and disc giveaway.

Have you ever thought about what it would take to get a course in the ground? Would you like to get a course in the ground near you? Here’s your chance to hear how people do just that! This is also a chance to share ideas and solutions for helping others get more courses in the ground while winning some sweet DGA gear and plastic!

The DGA Apparel and Disc Giveaway runs for five days and each day there is a question relating to getting disc golf courses in the ground. The best answer gets you a new DGA hat or shirt and one of DGA’s latest premium discs! Good luck!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg DGCR-Apparel-Splash.jpg (114.6 KB, 271 views)
Old 09-21-2014, 02:08 AM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 242
Today's prizes are a Tracer Cap and an SP Torrent!

We’ve all thought about it. Whether it’s driving down a highway looking at prime land out the side of the car, or when you arrive at a place you frequent often that doesn’t have a course.

If you had one place you wanted a new course planted, where would it be and why?

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Day1-Tracer-Cap-SP-Torrent.jpg (23.1 KB, 233 views)

Last edited by timg; 09-21-2014 at 02:21 AM.
Old 09-21-2014, 02:19 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.5
Courses Played: 46
There is a place near here between Cairo Ill and Cape Girardeau Mo. that has hills/woods/cleared out small odd shaped fields and a pond. I have looked at it on Google maps and it has a great starting hole and a fantastic finishing hole. When it is mowed it already looks like a golf course on 4 or 5 of the holes and all the rest can be in the woods utilizing the pond on at least two shots. Parking would be a problem and keeping it up and cleaned in the woods would be a chore. If I had the money though I think this can be at least a 4 star to 4.5 stars in the DGCR rating system.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:20 AM

Berendonck park,the Netherlands

In the Netherlands you can find baskets at 5 or 6 places but only two courses will leave you satisfied. Especially when you are playing them the first time without a locall. All places will take me over an hours drive at the least before i can throw my first disc.
So come down to it any course would be welcomed in the Netherlands but....

In my direct area there is a park called the Berendonck. Once a year the national tour puts down 12 temporarely baskets. The rest of the year we drag our foldable baket around.
Imagine this big lake, surrounded by sand, then grass, then grass with huge trees and finally forest.
There is some elevation, tunnelshots, leftie holes, water, getting into the woods as well as out of the woods. Everything is possible, even more t pads to one basket.
Plenty of parking right on the course and an outdoorcentre to sit down and bragg.

Of course there is a club that will keep the course in fine shape. I established it myself last year, Bear disc golf, and we have 7 members allready!

www.facebook.com/beardiscgolf

So we have no course in our direct area but a park that meets all the criteria, even a local disc golf club!

This is why I would like a course in The Berendonck park.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:25 AM

Diac golf course

A few years ago there were rumors that an old abandoned ball golf course in Monroe Washington Was going to be converted into a disc golf course. I think that would be the coolest transition. Especially if the golf course was a bit overrun that would result in a tighter fairway. With minimal work we could have a very nice and manageable disc golf course.
Old 09-21-2014, 07:54 AM

@ Lake Brownwood in Texas. Down below the spillway is some rugged, forested terrain which would adapt nicely to a disc golf course.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:10 AM
Chaw Man

Years Playing: 23.3
Courses Played: 40
I was fortunate enough to build an 18 hole course on my Army base in South Korea, so I know we'll the fun and challenge presented when given a not so ideal piece of land. Because of that, I've long dreamed of buying a certain piece of land here in Fountain, CO, right off of Link Road, that has an em me Se amount of trees and a large river running through it. To most, it wouldn't be the most ideal spot for a course. The river is quite wide, there is lots of fallen brush, the trees are too many and too close together...

But these are all challenges I relish. Getting in there and spending a good four months clearing, planning and developing a course that is tough but fair, that anyone can have a good time on. It's close to a major city (Colorado Springs) without being directly in it, and would be the ideal location for a course to get a decent amount of traffic without being too crowded.

Now I just need to work on becoming a millionaire.
Old 09-21-2014, 09:44 AM
Michael Moore Fan Club President

Years Playing: 23.5
Courses Played: 34
My dream piece of land for a disc golf course is in the St. Croix Valley area in Somerset Wisconsin. To be exact the ball golf course at St. Croix National would be ideal and the most fun I could ever see having. The land is very hilly and beautiful. Most holes have huge elevation drops in the 50-100+ foot range making for exciting long throws. Not much would need to be done to host a disc golf tournament there. Ride in a cart so you don't have to walk up all those hills. Here are some pictures below.

http://www.scngolf.com/golf-course/picture-gallery
Old 09-21-2014, 09:54 AM
Bogey Member

Courses Played: 9
I'm in the planning stages of getting a course put in Poteau, Ok. There is a set of 9 portable baskets on the college campus but no real courses in a town of 10K+. We have several really nice parks that could easily hold 9-18 holes and I am reaching out to a local resort about building an 18 hole course that would be publicly accessible.

My goal is for several small non-profits in the area to hold a series of fundraisers that can help the local players raise the money needed rather than approaching the city with an expensive plan that would surely be shot down. I also plan to continue upkeep on the course by opening a small "pro shop/19th hole" that sells an assortment of discs, bags, drinks and snacks.

Old 09-21-2014, 10:19 AM

Years Playing: 0.2
Courses Played: 9
Throwing Style: LHFH
Still to date there are very few DG courses in the south Charlotte NC region. Would love to see a course, even a 9 hole in Pineville NC.