Old 12-11-2007, 01:22 PM
*Administrator*

Years Playing: 12.6
Courses Played: 242
Throwing Style: RHBH
Question Funniest/weirdest thing you've seen on the course

Mine would have to be the guy that was using a golf cart at the local park (Ellison). He was driving the thing around, music blaring.. it was just kind of odd.

Another one that comes to mind, a guy at Codorus who claimed to have been looking for the first tee for over an hour. There were a lot of disc golfers out that day and my friend and I managed to find it without a problem. I guess he could have tried asking someone..
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2007, 04:27 PM

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 16
Send a message via AIM to bfaslewis
I was out one day and there was a couple, on a blanket, behind some trees at Beaver Island...I think I interrupted something. I couldn't help it they were right next to the 5th tee box. If you've played that course you know the spot I'm talking about isn't that secluded.

Also at Beaver Island, different day, on the 18th hole; there was a guy that got his disc stuck about 30 up in a tree in a bird's nest. We were playing and couldn't figure out why this other party was still on the hole, so when we walked over, and asked, everyone just kinda pointed up; it was pretty funny.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:33 PM
*Administrator*

I know the fifth hole and that isn't really secluded at all.. adventurous couple!

Speaking of Beaver Island, I almost aced #4 last time I played there. That's probably as close as I'll ever get to pulling that off on that hole but it was pretty exciting for a few seconds.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:39 PM

Years Playing: 13.8
Courses Played: 48
Crazy shot

At a local private course, Swinging D.B.'s, I was driving across the the creek low. See attachment
Attached Images
File Type: jpg nice shot.jpg (75.1 KB, 1883 views)
Old 12-11-2007, 04:41 PM

Years Playing: 9.7
Courses Played: 9
Last year I saw some drug deals. Six months ago I saw a guy get his disc stuck on top of a school bus. A week later I saw another guy skip his disc off the hood of a moving police car. The last time I played I saw some people grilling on a tee box! Fortunately I only played 4 holes and didn't worry about it.
Old 12-11-2007, 04:46 PM
*Administrator*

Quote:
Originally Posted by discgnome View Post
At a local private course, Swinging D.B.'s, I was driving across the the creek low. See attachment
Now that's a tough lie
Old 12-19-2007, 04:06 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 20
Courses Played: 130
We set up a temp course for the Gateway Open at Sioux Passage Park years ago. We had one hole that we debated how close to the road the basket should be, but finally we decided to put it really close to the road figuring everybody in a PDGA tournament would figure out that going long would be very bad. When you approached the pin, you were up on a hillside shooting down toward the basket with the road about 15 ft past the hole continuing on a downhill slope. In a warm-up round a guy went for it from 50 or 60 ft on that hole. He missed the basket high and the disc floated out over the road where it landed in the back of a moving pick-up. The pick-up slowed down, then drove off with the guys putter.
The guy was really mad, so I tried not to fall down laughing. The look on his face when the pick-up drove off was priceless.
Old 12-26-2007, 11:53 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 14.6
Courses Played: 103
Send a message via AIM to magictenor1
fema trailer

We played at Paul B. Johnson today and there were FEMA trailers on part of the course. We played one hole and my brother-in-law landed on the roof. He climbed up and played his shot from there
Old 03-07-2008, 01:07 AM

Years Playing: 31.6
One Day at Sedgley Woods in Pa., I came to the Fourth hole to find a group barbaqueing in the basket. They had tin foil, charcoal, burgers, Dogs, the whole nine yards. The Guys says to me, " This isn't for Grilling???"
Attached Images
File Type: jpg th_barbeque.jpg (4.7 KB, 1226 views)

Old 03-07-2008, 05:37 PM

Years Playing: 26.6
Courses Played: 40
Everyone's got a Sedgely Woods story. I've heard stories about kids hiding in the bushes near the baskets and then stealing people's discs when they land 250-300 feet away from the tee pad. Sounds like a game me and my friends would have invented when we were 13. With a 250 foot head start, you pretty much can't lose.

I played Sedgely on a bitter cold day in January once. There was a homeless guy across the street from the course. He stood there with his pants at his ankles and his johnson just hanging out, waiting for some frostbite I guess. We think he was looking for 3 hots and a cot with indecent exposure the easiest way to achieve it. That's one way to flag down a cop.

Weirdest thing I think I've ever seen was at Seneca. This huge majestic tree (across the creek from Hole 5) came crashing down while we were playing. It was a gorgeous day with little wind. We have no idea what could have caused this tree to fall. The noise it made as it came crashing down was incredible. We all just looked at each other in bewilderment. Did that really just happen?