Old 06-01-2011, 04:32 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 123
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivecody View Post
not funny or cool, kinda lame actually. have more than this but feel like venting it. Got ROBBED on a one foot putt today, in the chains and a 25+mph wind gust took it right outta the chains!!!
you got mugged while missing a one foot putt in the wind??? man youd expect that in the subway at night or a sketchy neighborhood, but at the basket, midputt? man, dicks these days. at least you got your putt off.
Old 06-01-2011, 04:43 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 9.9
Courses Played: 123
there was this one time a cop drove by on the outer road to the park which happened to be behind the basket i was throwing at, maybe 350', and i told my buddy i was going for the cruiser. no sh*t i nailed the mf'r right in the front wheel well, BANG!! i nearly sh*t myself. that dude didnt know what to do. he slowed to a stop, sat for a minute, and took off all quick and pissed off. made my day, like hittin range balls at the cart, but this time there was a copper sittin clown seat..
Old 06-01-2011, 04:54 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by notBOB View Post
there was this one time a cop drove by on the outer road to the park which happened to be behind the basket i was throwing at, maybe 350', and i told my buddy i was going for the cruiser. no sh*t i nailed the mf'r right in the front wheel well, BANG!! i nearly sh*t myself. that dude didnt know what to do. he slowed to a stop, sat for a minute, and took off all quick and pissed off. made my day, like hittin range balls at the cart, but this time there was a copper sittin clown seat..
thats awesome
Old 06-01-2011, 05:56 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by notBOB View Post
Yes, this RULES. do you see cops driving around through golf ball courses, nooooooo (at least i image not) that sir would be a super ace and counted as a 0 on your card!
Old 06-04-2011, 11:30 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.9
Courses Played: 71
"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?"

A couple, one funny, one strange.

Funny:

At a tourney last weekend, someone on my card threw in a reedy, marshy creek. It was not OB, and after some ribbing, he took off his shoes and agreed to play from his lie. It ended up being knee deep nasty, black mud, which he was already unhappy about.

Well it turns out, a Red Winged Blackbird must've had it's nest nearby. As he's lining up his shot the bird starts attacking him, makin' all kinds of noise and pecking his hair while fluttering all around him. We're all trying to be quiet, but laughing our asses off at the poor kid.

Strange:

We approached the tee box for 12 at Basil, a downhill short ace-run hole. There's a guy with eight kids swimming in the river directly behind the basket. All of their clothes were hanging from the basket, and swaddled in blankets, tucked in the basket itself was a baby.

"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?" Was all my buddy could say.

I walked down and explained that we were playing frisbee golf, which was just like golf and he was in a bad spot.

"What you mean, golf? How you play that?"

I explained briefly and walked back to the tee while he removed the baby. I threw my shot while they stood aside, and it ended up touching the post and they all clapped. My buddy threw and we headed down the hill, only to be greeted by the gaggle of children handing us our discs back.

"How many points was that throw?" The guy asks, grinning.

"Well, it would've been a 2."

Old 06-06-2011, 01:16 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Plus, how do you think they might view you? To them, you look like some idiot throwing a piece of plastic, and then , walking after it. And then, throwing it again. How do you think that looks to others?
Why don't you just enjoy your sport and let them enjoy theirs. That is what makes the world go around. We all like different things.
Before you start judging others, maybe you should look in the mirror and worry about yourself first. Damn!
First of all, go get 'em MB.

This last part reminded me of something that happened at the course. I was playing a round by myself, teeing off, and somebody who obviously had no idea what disc golf was or what I was doing looked at me really funny and said "you out here throwing frisbees by yourself? Dont you got any friends?"

I thought it was funny.
Old 06-06-2011, 01:23 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMaC View Post

This last part reminded me of something that happened at the course. I was playing a round by myself, teeing off, and somebody who obviously had no idea what disc golf was or what I was doing looked at me really funny and said "you out here throwing frisbees by yourself? Dont you got any friends?"

I thought it was funny.
Now that is pretty funny
Old 06-06-2011, 01:27 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8
Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by KMaC View Post

I thought it was funny.
You should have told them you and your buddy were tossing it back and forth .

(For you slower folks I'm referring to an invisible friend )
Old 06-06-2011, 01:33 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.1
Courses Played: 22
Throwing Style: LHFH
Send a message via MSN to Skankin77
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefstang View Post
A couple, one funny, one strange.

Funny:

At a tourney last weekend, someone on my card threw in a reedy, marshy creek. It was not OB, and after some ribbing, he took off his shoes and agreed to play from his lie. It ended up being knee deep nasty, black mud, which he was already unhappy about.

Well it turns out, a Red Winged Blackbird must've had it's nest nearby. As he's lining up his shot the bird starts attacking him, makin' all kinds of noise and pecking his hair while fluttering all around him. We're all trying to be quiet, but laughing our asses off at the poor kid.

Strange:

We approached the tee box for 12 at Basil, a downhill short ace-run hole. There's a guy with eight kids swimming in the river directly behind the basket. All of their clothes were hanging from the basket, and swaddled in blankets, tucked in the basket itself was a baby.

"Dude. Is that a baby in the basket?" Was all my buddy could say.

I walked down and explained that we were playing frisbee golf, which was just like golf and he was in a bad spot.

"What you mean, golf? How you play that?"

I explained briefly and walked back to the tee while he removed the baby. I threw my shot while they stood aside, and it ended up touching the post and they all clapped. My buddy threw and we headed down the hill, only to be greeted by the gaggle of children handing us our discs back.

"How many points was that throw?" The guy asks, grinning.

"Well, it would've been a 2."

LMAO at the first one and damn, I would be kinda mad at the second one.

Old 06-06-2011, 03:29 AM
Double Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooTaters View Post
I fear some fool won't realize that he needs to slow down if I'm near a turn and about to make it(using my turn signal) because he thinks he can just pass me or some bs just because I'm on the shoulder of the road being nice to them.
That's why you need to yield to all of them. The right of way only matters after they hit you and the cops are there and you're in the ambulance. I was in an accident where a bicyclist literally hit my car. She was foreign, didn't know the rules of the road, and didn't think to signal before she made a left hand turn from the shoulder while I was going about 35 mph right next to her...

It was bad. I thought she was dead after she rolled over the roof of my car and bounced off the pavement three times. Fortunately there were a lot of witnesses that saw her hit me, but as a cyclist, it's your responsibility, as well as other drivers, to make sure you're aware of what's going on around you.