Old 05-27-2013, 04:01 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 7
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifocal View Post
Strolling to the first tee at Vallarta on 5-26-13 and one of my partners looks up and says," Hey....a rainbow."

Me and the other guy look up at where he's pointing and he's pointing up at the sun. Sure enough there's a rainbow, but its not an arch or directly opposite the sun...its a circle shaped rainbow around the sun and there's not one but two.

Its a double Sundog in May at mid latitudes at quarter after 12 noon.

Sundogs are fairly common in the mountains and at the highest latitudes of the Artic and Antarctic, but the only other times I've seen a Sundog in Wisconsin is near dawn on very cold and humid January mornings.
Damn I wish I had been there to see that.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2013, 01:10 AM
Par Member

A trio came tearing through Mt. Crest Park with not discs and bags but baseball bats and balls. They were teeing off by hitting the baseballs out of the air after they tossed them up. Then when the got close to the basket they would place the ball into the end of the bat in a divot there and throw the friggin' bat and all at the basket.
Old 05-29-2013, 11:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 9
Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fishy View Post
I'd think you'd have to putt from directly above your lie. so on the roof. or inside through the front windshield.

Typically anywhere that a car would be should be considered OB (roads , parking lots , camp sites , etc)
Old 05-29-2013, 12:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by DannyThunders View Post
Typically anywhere that a car would be should be considered OB (roads , parking lots , camp sites , etc)
This car in question was in an older post, and was burned out, inside the circle by the basket.

The competition manual lists vehicles as casual obstacles...so, you can take up to, what, 5 meters relief behind the lie, on the line of play, if you can't take a stance at your lie.

About a week and a half ago, #10 teepad @ "The Scrapyard," there were about a dozen craw fish laying scatterd all over the pad. Cooked. Covered in flies. Reeking. Like a freshwater shellfish crime scene.

I generally adhere to the "leave the course better than you find it," but I couldn't bring myself to pick these up bare handed. Couldn't handle the smell long enough to take a pic.
Old 05-29-2013, 06:33 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
1. Valmont in Boulder is built on the site of an old car salvage lot. Lots of weird auto parts turn up out of the dirt after rain or snow. I found an old car speaker and the stereo console from an old Plymouth valiant. The stereo wasn't a "proper" brand like JVC or Sony, but was branded "Valiant" to match the car. I swear that I had walked past that spot before, but not noticed this weird find. There is a "shrine" full of weird pieces in the corner of the park, by hole 15. Mile high disc golf has some photos posted.

2. Last week we were wrapping up a round, and ran across a prairie dog INSIDE the fence, where they are absolutely forbidden, lest they dig up the athletic field. It took about 5 checkers to round him up, and show him out the gate. Occasionally he would splay himself flat, as if he were trying to dodge a hawk or something. We didn't touch him, as these guys are vectors for the plague, but we might have been able to grab him when he flattened out. He made it back to the colony, and we let him be. I hope he doesn't convince his buddies to dig new tunnels under the fence, and invade the casually manicured lawns.
Old 05-29-2013, 08:04 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 3.4
Courses Played: 30
I came up to a ~220ft hole that has a drainage ditch between the basket and pad. Directly in my path there was a man shearing his dog and there was white fur everywhere.
Old 05-29-2013, 10:24 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5
Courses Played: 55
Saw a park ranger about to get it on with a 16-18 year old girl at the park. He told me they were there to check out disc golf for a paper she had.....I was the only person there playing!!
Old 05-30-2013, 01:42 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: LHBH
My home course is close by the municipal lockup, and somebody had left a copy of their judgment against them, along with copies of a restraining order at tee 9. Not torn up or thrown to the winds, but neatly collated and organized, placed gently under a rock as if it were waiting on a desk in an office. It stayed there for about a week, and I jokingly asked every DGer I played with if they had lost their paperwork. It rained, and someone finally cleaned it up. I'm surprised because there are enough fastidious locals to keep the course picked over pretty well, but these "important" papers stayed out there for so long. Hmmmm...
Old 05-30-2013, 03:44 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmacka View Post
1. The stereo wasn't a "proper" brand like JVC or Sony, but was branded "Valiant" to match the car.
Sounds like a great name for a disc.

Old 05-30-2013, 04:10 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 142
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shmacka View Post
My home course is close by the municipal lockup, and somebody had left a copy of their judgment against them, along with copies of a restraining order at tee 9. Not torn up or thrown to the winds, but neatly collated and organized, placed gently under a rock as if it were waiting on a desk in an office. It stayed there for about a week, and I jokingly asked every DGer I played with if they had lost their paperwork. It rained, and someone finally cleaned it up. I'm surprised because there are enough fastidious locals to keep the course picked over pretty well, but these "important" papers stayed out there for so long. Hmmmm...
Yeah I saw that pile out there also. I had a good chuckle over it!