Old 12-24-2013, 01:37 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 41
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agucua View Post
Five or so years ago, I was playing with a buddy at a public course. On the 5th hole I'm walking to my ball and I hear an insect buzz past my ear, or so I thought. A second later, I hear a rifle shot. A bullet had grazed my ear, within an inch or so of killing me. I was really shook up, and walked to the clubhouse, where I told what happened and the police were summoned. No one was ever questioned or caught in the incident.
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coincidence and a bug flew by your ear and then you heard a gunshot... unless you play in a really hood area where that happens a lot. Minds like to assume the most crazy thing happened, when oftentimes it really didn't.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-24-2013, 08:51 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
I wouldn't be surprised if it was just a coincidence and a bug flew by your ear and then you heard a gunshot... unless you play in a really hood area where that happens a lot. Minds like to assume the most crazy thing happened, when oftentimes it really didn't.

It was obviously swamp gas.
Old 12-24-2013, 10:36 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by trifocal View Post
Strolling to the first tee at Vallarta on 5-26-13 and one of my partners looks up and says," Hey....a rainbow."

Me and the other guy look up at where he's pointing and he's pointing up at the sun. Sure enough there's a rainbow, but its not an arch or directly opposite the sun...its a circle shaped rainbow around the sun and there's not one but two.

Its a double Sundog in May at mid latitudes at quarter after 12 noon.

Sundogs are fairly common in the mountains and at the highest latitudes of the Artic and Antarctic, but the only other times I've seen a Sundog in Wisconsin is near dawn on very cold and humid January mornings.
A double sundog...

BUT WHAT DOES THIS MEAN???????
Old 12-24-2013, 12:49 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.3
Courses Played: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by chickenonabun View Post
Old 12-24-2013, 01:01 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 25
Send a message via Yahoo to bdodson
playing doubles on sunday and the lead group tees off on hole that is up hill and the fairway is designed to go to the right of a bathroom and left of super rough and under a tree. They of course take the "local route" and hyzer flick over the bathroom. the basket is on a small hill. the fist guy sticks his disc into the ground about 10 feet short of the basket. nice shot

second guy tees off does same throw, the disc hits just short of the first disc, kicks forward and comes to rest on the first disc. crazy.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=993&mode=ci

Old 12-24-2013, 08:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.8
Courses Played: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdodson View Post
playing doubles on sunday and the lead group tees off on hole that is up hill and the fairway is designed to go to the right of a bathroom and left of super rough and under a tree. They of course take the "local route" and hyzer flick over the bathroom. the basket is on a small hill. the fist guy sticks his disc into the ground about 10 feet short of the basket. nice shot

second guy tees off does same throw, the disc hits just short of the first disc, kicks forward and comes to rest on the first disc. crazy.

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=993&mode=ci

2 points for a leaner!
Old 12-25-2013, 12:10 AM

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 26
This past summer I was playing at Maytag with a fella who has some talent, but is prone to make some ridiculous mistakes. We were on hole 11 which runs along a parking lot on the right side. His drive turned over and he landed a few feet away from the parking lot with a tough line to the basket. He wound up and tried to rip a huge shot, but griplocked it as bad as I have ever seen. His drive went directly into the windshield of a car, bounced off that windshield and into the windshield of the car right next to it, and bounced in bounds about 50 ft in front of him. No windshields were damaged, but his line on his next shot was just as bad.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:24 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.6
Courses Played: 55
I played a course yesterday, and they had a bulletin board,and a clip board on there, and it said, "THINGS TO DO" Above the clip board. I guess for course maintenance or something like that. Well, right below where it said, THINGS TO DO, someone wrote "YOUR MOM". I got a chuckle out of it.
Old 12-25-2013, 01:44 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
I saw a bunch of girls wearing bikini's learning against the cages. Some other dude was taking pictures and said it was for a Calendar and to look for it in your local gas station bathroom sometime later this year.

Old 12-26-2013, 11:01 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I saw a bunch of girls wearing bikini's learning against the cages. Some other dude was taking pictures and said it was for a Calendar and to look for it in your local gas station bathroom sometime later this year.
Hmmmm, perhaps you saw this:

http://www.dgcoursereview.com/forums...ad.php?t=99688