Old 04-20-2008, 09:25 AM

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 14
Playing yesterday at Riverside which is a course that runs a long a walking trail and river. For some reason theres a bench near the 18th basket and this family decided to have a picnic there. It was right in the middle of the fairway but they wouldn't move so we just threw our discs all around them. There were tons of golfers out so I'm suprised they didn't move sooner, they left after we completed the hole. Guess they finally realized they were stupid.
Old 04-22-2008, 11:43 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 16.9
Courses Played: 65
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via Yahoo to Amorybulldog
Two of my weirdest moments....

same hole, same course, over a year apart. Lefleur's Bluff in Jackson, MS front 9. I believe it is hole number 5. Plays long downhill towards a pseudo wrought iron fence behind it is a service road for the interstate. Weird moment number 1, it had been raining a ton so the ground was soft and water everywhere. I parked my upshot and had a 10 foot putt for par, just as I am about to release my putt the ground under me collapses and I fall in a hole up to my knees. Released the putt during the fall, still went in. Strange feeling to be falling and putting at the same time. The second moment was almost a year later. Hot day with lots of wind gusts. I had thrown a 400+ roller the day before at a different course and thought I would demonstrate that on this hole for some buddies. I crushed a JLS and it anny'ed just like it was supposed to. Then a wind gust changes the angle on the disc and levels off turnover and clears the fence and lands on the other side of the road. No idea how long that shot was but it flew forever. I think the basket plays 380 or so and this disc had to be at least 80 feet behind it or more. Had to leave the park by car to get the disc back. Pretty crazy.
Old 04-29-2008, 05:31 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 127
Throwing Style: LHBH
This one happened to a friend of mine, Stephen (aka Texas Orlando Bloom, ya, hes a hippy from the south). Him and some buddies were playing at Moffitt. They get to the tee, but there's some guy standing by the fairway flying a kite or something. They get his attention, and he tells them to just go ahead and throw. When they throw, one of them shanks one and it makes a beeline right for this dude. They shout, but its too late, and the disc hits him directly in the cell phone holster mounted to his belt. It chopped his MotoRazr in half, screen separated from keypad and everything. Yikes!!! They felt terrible, but the guy was cool about it, sicne he had told them to go ahead.
Old 04-30-2008, 03:50 PM

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 15
I always see a bunch of U.F.O.s, but it's only at the course for some reason. I think I'll take a camera next time and send the pictures in to unsolved mysteries.

Last edited by Portablewalrus; 04-30-2008 at 03:54 PM.
Old 04-30-2008, 05:31 PM
Eagle Member

CptMorgan, are you talking about the Riverside course just north of Houston, Tx? Was wondering how that one was, never got a chance to play it
Old 04-30-2008, 07:21 PM

Years Playing: 12.9
Courses Played: 18
I came across a hobo sleeping in the middle of the fairway on hole 3 at Brahan Springs Park in Huntsville, AL. We debated just playing around him but decided to skip it and come back later. It started pouring before we finished the other 17 and the skins game was already decided so we called it quits and never went back to #3.
Old 04-30-2008, 10:24 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11
Courses Played: 186
In Seatac I saw behind a bush in the middle of the course, a cross made out of small twigs and a doll in a shallow grave. Mind you seatac is big and secluded, gloomy and grey. Some strange kids in Seattle.
Old 05-02-2008, 06:26 PM

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 16
monster.jpg
This is probaly the wierdest basket I have seen. Don't throw past the red monster or it will cost you a stroke.
Old 05-03-2008, 09:00 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 8.9
Courses Played: 18
Wink The lights at Liberty Park have a familiar shape

but they are waaaay too high (see photo)

plus, at Liberty, when they say "out of bounds" the obviously mean it... (photo)

enjoy - n
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Liberty disc basket lights.JPG (94.5 KB, 703 views)
File Type: jpg Liberty rare OOB sign.JPG (89.2 KB, 723 views)

Old 05-16-2008, 02:55 AM
Eagle Member

That red monster is really scary. I'd be afraid to reach my hand in there to get my disc out. Who made that basket?