Old 12-08-2008, 03:43 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 6.2
Courses Played: 18
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by peabody View Post
So you are saying that the Mach III is ten times more friendly since it has something on the top to stop errant high throws and doesn't have that nasty ring to knock high throws down to the ground to roll away.

The increased visibility of the yellow ring and the internal chain hanger hooks combined with the Earth's rotation and the phase of the Moon is what makes the shots roll away. Mach III's number plate is an attempt to account for the gravitational forces of Planet X acting upon golf discs and provides a more challenging target. However, if using the number plate as the target, putting a shot into the basket requires a 2 stroke penalty plus distance back to the nearest bar.
Old 12-08-2008, 06:44 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 75
Throwing Style: LHBH
my home course has discatcher baskets and has black number stickers on the rim of the basket and some that are close have flags sticking out the top that are color coded to the tee boxes.
Old 12-08-2008, 08:45 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.3
Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by borndasaur View Post
The increased visibility of the yellow ring and the internal chain hanger hooks combined with the Earth's rotation and the phase of the Moon is what makes the shots roll away. Mach III's number plate is an attempt to account for the gravitational forces of Planet X acting upon golf discs and provides a more challenging target. However, if using the number plate as the target, putting a shot into the basket requires a 2 stroke penalty plus distance back to the nearest bar.
You know whats weird? I understand everything you just said!
And Planet X is one of my Favorite Bands. Check out Moonbabies!Fuysion!!
Old 12-11-2008, 08:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
Throwing Style: RHBH
If all else fails, and you can't find a way to attach number signs on top of the baskets, I suppose you could put numbers on the poles. That way people could at least walk up to them and figure it out.

However you do it, may I suggest putting the numbers on BOTH sides of the basket? Or if it's a Discatcher, maybe put the numbers on 3 or 4 sides of the basket.
Old 12-12-2008, 10:37 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.6
Courses Played: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by lewis526 View Post
I suppose you could put numbers on the poles
A neon orange sticker/band about 4" tall can be nice and visible from a distance. E.g. the baskets at Imperial Park.

ERic
Old 12-20-2008, 11:30 PM

Years Playing: 5.9
Courses Played: 4
Well we do have the numbered stickers on the basket. But I dont think the numbers are large enough. The sticker is about 4" tall but the number is maybe 2" tall. I'm gonna do some research as to what might be best and cost effective. I don't get paid much per hour and my wife would be pissed if I spent bill money on numbers for baskets. I also want to find a way that they are tamper resistant. Since we recently had some basket theft I want to make sure the a'holes that did that can't mess with the numbers I install. This is why I should take up welding. Then I could make everything kick azz and the cost would be low.
Old 12-21-2008, 10:44 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 16
I don't know about tamper resistant, but if you're on a budget, maybe see if you could get some mailbox numbers from a hardware store that would wrap around the pole?

Another option would be to make a set of stencils for numbers, and spray paint them on, maybe in black over the neon stripe?
Old 01-03-2009, 11:35 AM

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 18
great idea's I am looking do the same for a local unused 9 hole course. I settled on spray painted numbers on a small wood square and peg. I have not finished this because the peg was too small for the inner diameter of the basket pole. Once I get some time I might add an adapter so that it is secure in place. I choose wood over metal because of price of metal and leftover wood I had.
Old 01-18-2009, 10:52 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
I played a course in Tennessee that had a pretty good idea, and cheap too. They took a 4" diameter pvc pipe and cut it about 6" in length. They drilled about four 1/4" holes around the bottom. Then they used zip straps to attach the pipe to the top of the basket (think of a chimney). Then they used black number stickers on the pvc to mark the baskets. They showed up pretty well. I guess you could paint them yellow or something if you wanted too. You could do a whole 18 hole course for less the $25.00 or so. If they were damaged or stolen it would be easy to replace too.

Old 01-18-2009, 10:59 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6
Courses Played: 92
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by craigd View Post
I played a course in Tennessee that had a pretty good idea, and cheap too. They took a 4" diameter pvc pipe and cut it about 6" in length. They drilled about four 1/4" holes around the bottom. Then they used zip straps to attach the pipe to the top of the basket (think of a chimney). Then they used black number stickers on the pvc to mark the baskets. They showed up pretty well. I guess you could paint them yellow or something if you wanted too. You could do a whole 18 hole course for less the $25.00 or so. If they were damaged or stolen it would be easy to replace too.
I looked it up. It is Crockett Park. Here is a picture of it.
http://www.dgcoursereview.com/view_i...4/66673f5d.jpg