Old 04-28-2010, 12:24 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 14.3
Courses Played: 67
Throwing Style: RHBH
CwAlbino's Bag

Since Timg has gone ahead and made this subforum for bag suggestions and feedback/rate my bag. I'll make my thread and post my current lineup. I don't think people should post up a link, but rather a list or screenshot so we can see how it changes over time.

Keep in mind I throw backhand and forehand equally. I'm playing around with a few Pro D and EliteX discs for flip discs and maximum distance (The Pro D Force is already really flippy)

The Innova Standard are discs that I swap in and out of my bag.

Old 04-28-2010, 09:21 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 100
Man, I hated the evo Hpp Wizard I had. Just too gummy. That's all I got, bag looks good man.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:24 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Courses Played: 35
Sorry I went OCD on your bag post....couldn't help it

Drivers:
ESP Nuke
D Force
FLX Surge
D Surge
Z Flick x2
Z Crush
Champ TeeBird
Z X2
X Wildcat x2
Z Wildcat

Mids:
ESP Wasp
ESP Buzzz
Z Storm

Putters:
"champ" Wizard
SS Wizard

wow you have 8 driver molds. I don't really see a need for the Crush since you have both the Flick and the Force. I'm also not sure why you would need 3 Wildcats. the X2 is not a mid, it was DC's best answer to the Teebird, which you already have. also i would pick between the surge and the nuke.

also what does the Z Storm do that the Wasp doesn't and vice versa. and if one is "straighter" than the other then why have the Buzzz? the Storm is also more of a tweener disc but I used to rock the hell out of them so no real hate there. but it could still end up being superfluous.

keep the SS Wizard and replace the evo with another standard plastic wizard.
Old 04-29-2010, 10:25 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by keltik View Post
wow you have 8 driver molds. I don't really see a need for the Crush since you have both the Flick and the Force. I'm also not sure why you would need 3 Wildcats. the X2 is not a mid, it was DC's best answer to the Teebird, which you already have. also i would pick between the surge and the nuke.

also what does the Z Storm do that the Wasp doesn't and vice versa. and if one is "straighter" than the other then why have the Buzzz? the Storm is also more of a tweener disc but I used to rock the hell out of them so no real hate there. but it could still end up being superfluous.

keep the SS Wizard and replace the evo with another standard plastic wizard.
Wildcats: Stable EliteZ, New EliteX, old EliteX (Super flippy).

The force, the surge, and the new EliteX Wildcat are brand new as of like 3 days ago, so I'm playing around with them. The Pro D force is not overstable, very flippy, and I've only thrown it in 1 round.

Crush is my main overstable driver, in the wind, hyzers, straight shots, etc. Flick does not go near as far and is used for harder hooks, forehand rollers, overhands. I use the Crush and the Flick constantly and for different shots.

X2 is more overstable than a teebird, and does not go near as far. More like a Banshee or Whippet. I still use it off the tee all the time, but there's a huge difference between it and my teebird. Teebird I'll pull out for about 300'+, the X2 anything less than that.

The FLX Surge is crazy overstable and acts like my Crush, thinking of tossing it out.

Storm = more stable/longer buzzz. The wasp and x2 compliment each other like the buzzz and storm.

Wizards. Evo Wizard = Driving and overstable wizard. Also turning to my main putter. SSS Wizard old "main" putter, stable and loved. The evo one I have is stiff and not gummy. I'll probably be removing the SSS plastic wizard and getting more evo's. Or, replacing with firmer wizards at least.

The bag I posted would not be a tournament bag, it's my test bag. This would be the bag I take to a tournament:

Drivers:
ESP Nuke
Z Flick
150 Z Flick
Z Crush
Z Crush (Add in another)
Champ TeeBird
X Wildcat
Z Wildcat

Mids:
Z X2
ESP Wasp
ESP Buzzz
Z Storm

Putters:
"champ" Wizard
SS Wizard

Last edited by CwAlbino; 04-29-2010 at 10:28 AM.
Old 04-29-2010, 12:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 10
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie
How far do you throw those, genrally?
Old 04-29-2010, 06:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 102
Throwing Style: LHBH
I think you need more Discraft, you have too much Innova in your bag - I worry that you're not giving Discraft a fair chance by just sticking to the one brand
Old 04-29-2010, 07:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.3
Courses Played: 10
Send a message via MSN to valkyrie
Quote:
Originally Posted by JTacoma03 View Post
I think you need more Discraft, you have too much Innova in your bag - I worry that you're not giving Discraft a fair chance by just sticking to the one brand
Hes got one of the 3-4 Innova discs that are worth getting
Old 05-01-2010, 01:33 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by valkyrie View Post
How far do you throw those, genrally?
Most of my discs (crush,surge,wildcat, teebird) go 350-400 forehand and backhand, with the Nuke going above 400. This is with no wind, my crush has gone 425 with a headwind backhand. My forehand averages about 350 because I haven't really messed with distance on it recently. Buzzz is 300+ both forehand and backhand. Up to about 250 is all I've messed with for the wizard both ways. The mids and putters get really hard to control forehand at that distance and I'd much rather just throw a turnover or a teebird or X2 just with less speed.

As for the innova/discraft thing, I've tried a LOT of innova. My favorites were the beast, destroyer, and teebird. The only one I've considered re-buying is the destroyer, but I hate buying a disc that I don't know what it'll do. I re-bought my beloved star destroyer and it was far more overstable than I wanted. I'm thinking of getting about a 168 Pro Destroyer. Some of my longest forehand throws were with a max weight beat to hell star destroyer. I think it's the only one I've been able to hit 400 with on a regular basis with forehand.
Old 05-03-2010, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Okay so I've taken some advice and here's what I've come up with after a few rounds at a short course and a long course to get a feel for both mids and drivers:

Drivers:
Teebird
2x Crush (1 backup, primary driver)
150 Flick
Heavy Flick (I need to buy a new one, I have no clue where mine is. I think I left it )
Z Wildcat (Want to get another brand new more stable one, this one is starting to get a little beat)
X Wildcat(New)
X Wildcat(Old and flippy)
ESP Nuke

Crush = Main driver. Ovestable. Great in the wind. Consistent
Wildcat = Accuracy. Straight shots. Anhyzers. Low power shots (Elite X molds)
Flick = Utility and low/long hyzers, spike hyzers. Overhand
Teebird = Used less and less every day, but straight as hell. Wildcat is taking over slowly
Nuke = Long bombs

Mids:
Z X2 (I know, I know. It's a driver, but that's not what I use it for. It's my "long" mid)
Z Buzzz
ESP Buzzz
Z Comet

Putters:
HPP Wizard
SS Wizard

Overall 9 Molds. Any suggestions?

Old 06-28-2010, 03:38 PM
* Ace Member *

Okay, here's my minimalistic bag setup. I really like it as of now.

Drivers:
ESP Nuke <- If I can beat one of the destroyers to flippy this might leave my bag.
Pro Destroyer <- will eventually have 2 of these, one new and one beat to hell.
EliteZ Wildcat
EliteX Wildcat
EliteX Blue Wildcat (blue ones are flippy)
EliteZ Heavy Flick
EliteZ 150 Flick

Mids:
EliteZ Comet
EliteX Comet
EliteZ Buzzz
EliteX Buzzz

Putters:
HPP Wizard
Supersoft Wizard