#1031  
Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
nate22's Avatar
nate22 nate22 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 580
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
Why are your baskets so big? Does it make it easier to make the hole? Do you guys have more aces? Curious why they are that way.... is the PDGA not in your country, or is that a PDGA approved basket?
installed by local council who had no idea and simply got measurements wrong. They seem to love them and we only have 4 courses here, so beggers cant be choosy, although some are. We have a course like this, 2 with disc proof baskets and one with legal baskets.

We have the ADG and PDGA here...not some backwards country :-p
Reply With Quote
  #1032  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
nate22's Avatar
nate22 nate22 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 580
Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!





Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!
Reply With Quote
  #1033  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
pineappletrees's Avatar
pineappletrees pineappletrees is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Kansas City, MO
Courses Played: 29
Posts: 752
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!

Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!

Ever run into any Drop Bears?
Reply With Quote
  #1034  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
nate22's Avatar
nate22 nate22 is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Queensland, Australia
Courses Played: 11
Posts: 580
only if you shake the tree...
Reply With Quote
  #1035  
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Psicko's Avatar
Psicko Psicko is offline
Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2012
Location: Valley of the sun- Tempe
Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 540
THere was a rattler on a tee pad at one of the local courses a few days ago.
Reply With Quote
  #1036  
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM
FrisbeeFlinger FrisbeeFlinger is offline
Newbie
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: Santa Cruz
Posts: 1
Good thing Im a girl, cause I scream like one

While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain
Reply With Quote
  #1037  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Central Scrutinizer Central Scrutinizer is offline
Birdie Member
 
Join Date: May 2011
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 108
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 423
About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
Reply With Quote
  #1038  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
DeadEye's Avatar
DeadEye DeadEye is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: On the course
Courses Played: 7
Posts: 1,546
Twice over the past month I've seen 4-5 Hawks flying above in one area. Cool to see one, really cool to see 5.
Reply With Quote
  #1039  
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
jsc430's Avatar
jsc430 jsc430 is offline
Double Eagle Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: Houston, TX
Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 121
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 1,349
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
the small ones are the most dangerous! YIKES!
Reply With Quote
 

  #1040  
Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
Jimb's Avatar
Jimb Jimb is offline
* Ace Member *
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: WV near Cumberland, MD
Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 73
Throwing Style: RHBH
Posts: 2,651
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrisbeeFlinger View Post
While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain
Nice! Welcome to the forums!
Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:16 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.