Old 04-06-2013, 08:08 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry 44 View Post
Why are your baskets so big? Does it make it easier to make the hole? Do you guys have more aces? Curious why they are that way.... is the PDGA not in your country, or is that a PDGA approved basket?
installed by local council who had no idea and simply got measurements wrong. They seem to love them and we only have 4 courses here, so beggers cant be choosy, although some are. We have a course like this, 2 with disc proof baskets and one with legal baskets.

We have the ADG and PDGA here...not some backwards country :-p
Old 04-11-2013, 10:45 AM
Eagle Member

Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!

Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!
Old 04-11-2013, 10:50 AM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by nate22 View Post
Finally happened...and was out playing with some American tourists as well!

Becca from the US (Tacoma area) had a better camera then me so will show them later...but yes indeed, that is a KOALA up in that there tree. Funny thing was we were looking at all the dings on the tree from discs and I mentioned it was one of the trees koalas could live in when 2 players yell out...KOALA!

Ever run into any Drop Bears?
Old 04-11-2013, 10:51 AM
Eagle Member

only if you shake the tree...
Old 04-11-2013, 10:57 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 24
Throwing Style: RHBH
THere was a rattler on a tee pad at one of the local courses a few days ago.
Old 04-11-2013, 07:45 PM

Good thing Im a girl, cause I scream like one

While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain
Old 04-11-2013, 08:15 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.3
Courses Played: 108
About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:37 PM
Double Eagle Member

Courses Played: 7
Twice over the past month I've seen 4-5 Hawks flying above in one area. Cool to see one, really cool to see 5.
Old 04-11-2013, 08:48 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 13.2
Courses Played: 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Central Scrutinizer View Post
About 15 years ago, friends and I were playing Hudson Mills (near Ann Arbor, MI). The lady of our group threw a Cobra on that one tightly wooded anhyzer hole 3/4 of the way through the original course that wraps around a pond/swamp.

We approached her Disc, and not more than a foot away (from the COBRA!) was one of those Massasauga Rattlesnakes, a little one, flickering its little tail and everything! Cute as a button.

It's the only one I've ever seen in the wild.
the small ones are the most dangerous! YIKES!

Old 04-11-2013, 09:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 7.5
Courses Played: 73
Quote:
Originally Posted by FrisbeeFlinger View Post
While at DeLaveaga, I had gone off the trail a short ways to retrieve a disc that went too far past the hole. My mind was on the shot I had just missed, finding the disc, etc, when I come around the corner and there was a raccoon just sitting there not 10 feet from my disc. Yet he was within 5 feet of me when I saw him. I jumped and screamed like...well...a girl. Poor thing ran off, as I proceeded to breathe and grab my disc. I walked back to my group as they were running through the trees to investigate. Embarrassingly I reassured them that all was well. Im lucky it wasn't a damned skunk or Id have been in big trouble. Lesson learned: pay more attention while in Mother Natures domain
Nice! Welcome to the forums!