Old 08-07-2013, 02:26 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 40
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ides View Post
haha classic response.

I was playing Burke lake (VA) a few years ago. The second hole I think it was where you have to go around the tree right in front of the tee off. My friend really hucked his shot and broke a gooses neck. (I don't think he throws that disc anymore) he says it's bad Karma which I would have to agree.
I posted a while back in this thread that I knocked a woodpecker (actually a northern flicker, for the bird folks) out of a tree after a wayward drive. The destroyer that I used was a favorite of mine up until that day... then it went to crap. I recently lost it too. Good riddance, I say. Karma indeed.
Sponsored Links
Old 08-24-2013, 10:39 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 33.6
Courses Played: 77
Throwing Style: RHBH
There is a huge Owl that hangs out around #8 fairway at Osage Grove. The last three times Ive played there in the evening, the owl or owls has made an appearance. Seems to roost in the shadows of the trees on up near the basket. I am wondering if there is a parent bird and a juvenile hanging around. The first sighting took my breath away, i swear the wingspan was 7 ft. Last night it didnt look as big. Huge,yellow, glow in the dusk eyes the owl has. If you get a chance to play Osage at Goshen in the evening , keep an eye out for the birds. You may want to leave the small pets and children in the car when playing here, the owl is looking fierce.
Old 08-24-2013, 02:12 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 1.5
Courses Played: 4
Throwing Style: RHFH
Yesterday I was playing at a very quite course, I was the only one there...

I was playing a wooded hole and as I went in the woods to retrieve a disc, I spooked a Deer that was laying down.. scared the begezzess out of me at first, I heard this blow, and a loud noise in the leaves.... when I looked up I saw its White Tail waving good... my first deer spotted playing DG...
Old 08-24-2013, 04:41 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.6
Courses Played: 18
I was playing an all putter round yesterday at a small course. On the last hole my disc went into some heavy rough, very wooded patch. A lot of underbrush and trees. I'm right in the middle of it looking for my white Mamba.

While looking through the brush I feel a sharp sting on the inside part of my calf. Ouch! I slap my leg and look down and there's a bright red dot. I thought I'd been stung by a bee but after looking it up online the "wound" matches the bite of a fire ant.

Now, it itches like a mother.
Old 08-24-2013, 10:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 115
Due to circumstances, I see a lot of critters on a disc golf course---but mostly, when I'm on the disc golf course, not playing disc golf. Which, due to circumstances, I am a lot. I'm not quite sure where this story fits in.

Stoney Hill has a pond that swallows a lot of discs. I swim in it, for recreation and to drag the bottom with my feet, retrieving those discs.

Well, today, from shore, I spotted two pretty good sized snapping turtles, which I'd never seen in the wild before. Technically it wasn't while playing disc golf, but they'll no doubt affect our feelings about throwing in water, and our eagerness to dive in and retrieve discs.

Anyone know anything about snapping turtle repellent?
Old 08-24-2013, 10:23 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 19.5
Courses Played: 115
Quote:
Originally Posted by bfowler View Post
I was playing an all putter round yesterday at a small course. On the last hole my disc went into some heavy rough, very wooded patch. A lot of underbrush and trees. I'm right in the middle of it looking for my white Mamba.

While looking through the brush I feel a sharp sting on the inside part of my calf. Ouch! I slap my leg and look down and there's a bright red dot. I thought I'd been stung by a bee but after looking it up online the "wound" matches the bite of a fire ant.

Now, it itches like a mother.
Few people get bitten by just one fire ant. Consider yourself lucky. Sort of.
Old 08-30-2013, 12:46 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.6
Courses Played: 90
Buzzin' around!

Beast McFly:
Old 08-30-2013, 03:11 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.7
Courses Played: 12
The other day we were discing at Hoover and we saw a bald eagle fly overhead of us. That was pretty cool.
Old 09-16-2013, 12:26 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 41
At Horning's Hideout I got a pic of a peahen and her chicks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg peahen_chicks.jpg (53.2 KB, 78 views)

Old 09-16-2013, 01:47 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 3.6
Courses Played: 1
A while back my brother and I ran into an angry mockingbird. I assume it was a female because she swooped out of her nest to attack my disc on the ground. Apparently my approach shot was too close to her babies. She was pecking and jumping all over the disc. It was pretty hilarious to see this nutty bird beating up my Ion.