Old 03-09-2011, 11:01 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.7
Courses Played: 45
Throwing Style: RHBH
The coolest thing I have come across while playing was an Owl. Thing watched us for a while then took off. The thing had a massive wingspan.
Sponsored Links
Old 03-09-2011, 11:02 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.5
Courses Played: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishmich View Post
nice cali king there.
venomous stuff
Love the documentarys that show Rattlers run like hell when they sense a King in the area. I have a Cal King. He's gettin old, near 15 now I think. I also have a couple Boas. Columbian, and a Rosy.

Havn't seen any snakes yet this year. I know they're there tho. Have seen a few lizards tho.
Old 03-09-2011, 11:24 AM
Par Member

deer at new hogan dam,deer in my backyard at my basket
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 9825.jpg (148.6 KB, 67 views)
Old 03-09-2011, 04:11 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHFH
I don't have any pictures, so you'll have to take my word, but so far I've seen:
Squirrels, Deer, Rabbits, Raccoons, Lizards, Grass Snakes, and my favorite, Turkeys.
Oh and Hawks, along with a variety of lame, small birds.

Nothing dangerous, nothing exotic, just cool critters to gaze at as I wander through the 'wilderness' of suburban Southwestern Connecticut.

Last edited by Dudelsacker; 03-09-2011 at 04:15 PM. Reason: can't forget the birdies!
Old 03-09-2011, 04:34 PM
Why didn't Winston take advantage of me instead?

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZBoazMobster View Post
Love the documentarys that show Rattlers run like hell when they sense a King in the area. I have a Cal King. He's gettin old, near 15 now I think. I also have a couple Boas. Columbian, and a Rosy.

Havn't seen any snakes yet this year. I know they're there tho. Have seen a few lizards tho.
you guys get to see the good stuff there in texas. most will consider it strange but id love to encounter some crotalus while out discin.
do you have sugar gliders too? better keep those away from the boas. my snakes get there own room so no pets or people get to interact with them aside from me.
Old 03-14-2011, 09:53 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 10.2
Courses Played: 17
There's a black snake that lives in a set of bushes right by Ronnie Van Zant's 12th basket. It isn't afraid of humans and as aggressive as all hell. Once tried to bite my leg, but I had jeans on.

I'm always surprised to see it... alive. There's so many people in this park, I keep expecting to hear that it's dead because it happened to show itself to someone who kills anything with scales and no legs, just because it has scales and no legs.
Old 03-14-2011, 10:05 AM
Bogey Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trashthrasher View Post
In Wisconsin you get a lot of Squirrels, Turkeys, Deer, Wannabe pro's, Ducks, I.C.P. fans, & Geese.
Old 03-28-2011, 11:46 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.7
Courses Played: 124
3/27/2011 A Red Tailed Hawk was on the right side of fairway on Hole 18 at South Mountain Park in Bethlehem, PA. Didn't notice it until my girlfriend (who took this photo from her phone) threw her approach. Ironically, the hawk watched the entire flight path of the disc. Pretty cool way to end a round.

Old 03-28-2011, 11:57 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7.4
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillACarpenter View Post
I almost hit a squirrel last week, and the squirrel I almost hit let out this panicked SCREAM that was a distress call to all of the other squirrels nearby...so about 5' to the left of where I am another squirrel heads the call...and just LOSES HIS MIND. He runs right at me, right past me, and up a tree to the right of me about 15'.

The funny thing is this freaking out squirrel is SUPER FAT. This is a rec course at a YMCA next to some picnic tables and I'm sure this guy is a total food hound. His belly was flopping on the ground! He was waddling! He looked like every Disney short fat bald man who's in a hurry...in real life...in the form of a squirrel.

I saw him later on the second lap...he's my favorite squirrel ever.

\/\/
Thats one awesome squirrel.

Old 03-28-2011, 12:13 PM

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 9
Stafford Lake has a large amount of rabbits, ground squirrels, deer, turkeys, turkey vultures that I see every time on the course(occasionally red tailed hawks too)...we have alot of mountain lions and coyotes in the area as well so I wouldnt be surprised to see them at some point.

Somewhat related and funny. Was playing another local course the other day and I saw a disc in a private property field adjacent to the course (hole 6 at crane creek). I was negotiating the unstable, barbed wire fence when my friends warned me of the large sheep dogs a 1/4 mile away guarding their herd. I looked up, wobbled, and then got shocked from the electric wire on the fence. I still managed to get over without entangling in the barbed wire or getting shocked again, but when I got to the disc 50 feet away it was just some glass reflecting in the sun....BS. Next hole the dogs noticed us by their fence retrieving one of our discs and came running and barking at us...lucky they didnt see me the previous hole.