Old 05-11-2011, 04:23 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 25
Throwing Style: RHBH
Send a message via AIM to fretgod321
My friend teed off yesterday and the disc flew off to the right into a pine tree. One second later, a big wild turkey walks out, followed by another one. The tree is now known as the turkey tree.
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2011, 12:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.6
Courses Played: 156
There are at least 3 owls that live at my new home course Reed Canal in Daytona, FL. Probably due to the legion of squirrels living in the park... Went back yesterday at dusk to snap some pics. The first one was sitting on a fallen tree and let me get close enough to use the flash on my camera! It's fun to see them flying around while you're playing.

Old 05-21-2011, 01:02 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 25.6
Courses Played: 92
Red Fox at Iroquois in Louisville ...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Iroquois fox (640x480).jpg (142.7 KB, 89 views)
Old 05-23-2011, 09:47 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 21.6
Courses Played: 44
Baby copper head at Hornets Nest

This tiny snake was found on the transition path of hole 9 leading out to the tennis courts parking lot. This discovery was made at the end of the final round of the Best at the Nest tournament. That's a mini marker next him so that should give you a frame of reference as to how small he is. (Poor picture quality thanks to my iPhone).
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Baby copperhead_reduced.jpg (137.4 KB, 125 views)
Old 05-23-2011, 10:02 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 2
stink bugs and squirrels. damn things
Old 05-23-2011, 10:05 PM
* Ace Member *

Today while playing I saw a squirrel digging half under a fallen palm frond. I walked up to him without even trying to be sneaky and popped him on the butt with my putter that was still in my hand after finishing the previous hole. It was pretty funny watching his reaction!
Old 05-23-2011, 10:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.6
Courses Played: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by atl scott View Post
There are at least 3 owls that live at my new home course Reed Canal in Daytona, FL. Probably due to the legion of squirrels living in the park... Went back yesterday at dusk to snap some pics. The first one was sitting on a fallen tree and let me get close enough to use the flash on my camera! It's fun to see them flying around while you're playing.
That's awesome I would love a chance to get some pictures of some owls.

Here is a fella I ran into the other day out at Zebulon. I believe he thought my River was an actual River.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:27 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 15.7
Courses Played: 36
Throwing Style: RHFH
Quote:
Originally Posted by AirMcNair View Post
My buddy Ron put this on his FB. It is in Florida at Taylor park. Crazy.

Are those discs in front of it? I would let it lie.
Old 05-24-2011, 04:11 PM
Par Member

Playing in South and Central FL, I've run into many critters. Some of my more memorable encounters happened at Easterlin Park in Ft. Lauderdale when I was just starting to play the game. The place is covered in all sorts of exotic lizards, most notably the huge iguanas everywhere. There was a 5-6 footer hanging out under one of the baskets that I had to putt at. I was using a Birdie and missed the putt. It landed right in front of the iguana and it ran over to it, grabbed it in it's mouth, and thrashed it about. Got some souvenir teeth marks out of the deal. Also had two male iguanas wrestling by the shore of the lake there right next to where my shot just landed. The damn things tussled right over the top of my disc and it slid into the lake. Luckily I was able to grab it though.

Another awesome one that I'll never forget. I just threw a white Sidewinder on hole 13 there, and half way through it's flight, a redtailed hawk swooped down out of nowhere and knocked my disc straight down to the ground. I just stood there my jaw on the ground for a few seconds.

Some of the cooler encounters I've had lately are at my new home course at Wickham park in Melbourne FL. Just the other day I watched a bald eagle chasing an osprey around a lake for about 10 minutes, pretty sweet. Also saw a hawk come out of nowhere, sneak between two trees, and went after some flying seagulls some little girl was feeding bread to. It missed but it was pretty breathtaking.

Old 05-27-2011, 06:02 AM
* Ace Member *

So I ran into 2 snakes today at the course. While warming up I ran into this guy. Black 3.5 or 4 foot snake rolling across the fairway of hole 12 at reed canal.

After our round of doubles we played a game of wolf. On the same hole (!) we were walking up toward the basket and I was telling another golfer how I saw this black snake earlier on this hole and I stepped on a 6 foot striped brown snake mid sentence!! I don't know if it showed but I almost jumped 5 feet high lol. For some reason the snake didn't move, even after I stepped on it... too dark for cell phone pics at that point. Oh and I also saw the regular 3 owls at the park, 1 which swooped over our heads on hole 7 which made a grown man yell out in terror lol.