Old 05-27-2011, 06:35 AM

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 23
Throwing Style: RHBH
Living in Illinois, we get pretty run-of-the-mill critters, deer, squirrels, a teeny snake here and there.

Although, I have had two interesting squirrel interactions..

Once last summer and about two weeks ago, at two different courses, squirrels have come super close to my friend and I, they would climb on your bags, eat whatever you gave them, etc.

Final thought: Squirrels love disc golfers.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 5251_1198087464599_1000870096_30627974_3634320_n.jpg (78.8 KB, 144 views)
Old 06-01-2011, 06:30 PM
Bogey Member

Ran into an angry mother moose with a calf on hole twelve at Kincaid a week ago. There was more than half a dozen discs abandonned right next to her. I guess you take a stroke and shoot from the closest safe distance? Moose hazard?

That was fairly interesting.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:18 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.5
Courses Played: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Addison View Post
Living in Illinois, we get pretty run-of-the-mill critters, deer, squirrels, a teeny snake here and there.

Although, I have had two interesting squirrel interactions..

Once last summer and about two weeks ago, at two different courses, squirrels have come super close to my friend and I, they would climb on your bags, eat whatever you gave them, etc.

Final thought: Squirrels love disc golfers.
They don't like me. Squirrels are always yelling at me as I walk by.
Old 06-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 17.3
Courses Played: 11
I heard a lizard behind this tree I was near. So, I creep right up to the tree and slowly look around said tree. Oh, now I'm face to face with a huge squirrel. He didn't move much. Kind of an akward moment.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 12
Throwing Style: RHFH
My bestie and I were playing at PK http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1672 and we were taking one of our normal smoke n toke breaks between 9 and 10 and while we were sitting there we heard this ominously loud buzzing sound. We were just bs'n and joking around so we didnít really think anything about it. But we get done, throw and while we are walking down to our discs the buzzing gets louder and louder and louder and we're just like "wtf is this noise?" Well we stopped in the middle of the fairway cause I was going to post something on my FB about this weird ass noise and no sooner than we stop we both look up above us and no **** there mustíve been hundreds upon hundreds and even more hundreds of bees right above us. It just looked like this dark cloud in a maybe 50ft radius. Needless to say we put some pep in our step when we realized what it was and got outta there real quick like.
Old 06-02-2011, 09:42 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16.5
Courses Played: 123
Apparently it was groundhog pup week at disc golf courses over the Memorial Day Weekend. First on Thursday at Codorus State Park (where dodging groundhog holes is nearly as challenging as the DG) these little guys were right by the picnic table near hole #1's tee on the Blue Course:

And then at the newly opened course at Bear Creek in Macungie, PA near hole 18's tee.

They were all too young to have much fear of humans apparently as they allowed extremely close approaches.
Old 06-02-2011, 10:33 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 7.1
multiple snakes(above my head in tree, stepping on one on a fairway, turtles(friend grabbed one while getting discs out of a pond. , frogs, bird missing bottom beak, deer with his arse all torn up and bloody. Big herons.
Old 06-06-2011, 12:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 34
Saw this snake earlier in the round, then when I went looking for him again he was eating!
Parmalee Park - Temperance, MI. hole #4
Old 06-06-2011, 02:06 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.5
Courses Played: 34
On my way home from Cincy last weekend I stopped at Sycamore Trails DGC in Dayton and while I was warming up I noticed a guy drop off a box by the first tee (next to a creek). This is what he was dropping: A medium sized snapping turtle

Old 06-06-2011, 03:01 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 9.4
Courses Played: 152
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveobk View Post
My bestie and I were playing at PK http://www.dgcoursereview.com/course.php?id=1672 and we were taking one of our normal smoke n toke breaks between 9 and 10 and while we were sitting there we heard this ominously loud buzzing sound. We were just bs'n and joking around so we didnít really think anything about it. But we get done, throw and while we are walking down to our discs the buzzing gets louder and louder and louder and we're just like "wtf is this noise?" Well we stopped in the middle of the fairway cause I was going to post something on my FB about this weird ass noise and no sooner than we stop we both look up above us and no **** there mustíve been hundreds upon hundreds and even more hundreds of bees right above us. It just looked like this dark cloud in a maybe 50ft radius. Needless to say we put some pep in our step when we realized what it was and got outta there real quick like.
This reminds me of a similar thing at Sequoyah park in GA. My buddy and I were walking across the parking lot from hole 12 to 13 and all of a sudden BZZZZZZZZZZ a black cloud came flying right past us just feet away. Pretty cool/terrifying.