Old 07-31-2011, 04:58 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtreadwell View Post
There's a family of hawks that live around Bellamy Park in Dover, NH that you can always hear around hole 9. A while back, I was having a fantastic round and the male flew down and landed on a stump less than 10ft away from me. We stared at each other for a minute and I started to feel like I was getting a hawk blessing or some crazy crap like that. The spell was broken when the bird took a massive, projectile sh1t in my general direction and flew off.
That is pretty damn funny
Old 07-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 4.7
Courses Played: 8
Throwing Style: RHBH
We found this raccoon in the garbage can next to the club house, he was safely released back into the "wild", I'm sure he learned his lesson.

Released.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:52 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 16
Courses Played: 114
Was surprised to see this little guy on hole 14 at Ace Eight DGC at DeSales University in Center Valley, PA.

Old 08-07-2011, 09:55 AM
<------ your ad here

Years Playing: 4.6
Courses Played: 185

Discflinger and I had a lil' run in with this guy at France Park.
Old 08-07-2011, 12:57 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.7
Courses Played: 22
One of my favorite courses in the area is Farragut State Park in northern Idaho. Besides the occasional snake and prolific ground squirrels, what I see most is Deer. They seem to know that they're protected, because every time that I see them, they have this "F-you" look going on. Like they're considering whether they should get out of the way of my shot, or just come over and kick my ass for being on their turf. The deer is immediately behind the basket on the first pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DSC02385.jpg (162.8 KB, 62 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02386.jpg (161.6 KB, 53 views)
File Type: jpg DSC02388.jpg (157.2 KB, 68 views)

Last edited by Sean Johnson; 08-07-2011 at 01:00 PM.
Old 08-07-2011, 01:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.8
Courses Played: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by hector69 View Post
It's Danger!
Old 08-10-2011, 09:49 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 38

Seen a few around the house but a first for the course
Old 08-11-2011, 01:24 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 5
This one is not for the arachnophobes.

I put my DX Leopard into the right rough off the tee after lumberjacking a tree. As I was walking into the rough, I start to hear a ripping sound just a second before I feel the silk strands start to envelope the right side of my face and right arm. I immediately jump back having a good idea that I have just stumbled into a web, and as I focus ahead I see this:

Not sure what it is, but it looks like a Golden Silk Orb Weaver from I can find on the internet. As far as toxicity goes:

The venom of the golden silk orb-weaver is potent but not lethal to humans. It has a neurotoxic effect similar to that of the black widow spider; however, its venom is not nearly as powerful. The bite causes local pain, redness, and blisters that normally disappear within a 24-hour interval. In rare cases, it might trigger allergic reactions and result in respiratory troubles (in asthmatics) or fast-acting involuntary muscle cramps. As the genus possesses relatively strong chelicerae, the bite could leave a scar on hard tissue (such as fingers).

Needless to say I kept a respectful distance while retreiving my Leopard, but did have to get in a bit close to snag the picture with my phone.

Lost my Champion Panter on next hole, #7 (may have reached the water that technically is not in play and is probably now gator bait), but was a bit more careful when entering the rough this time.
Old 08-11-2011, 07:17 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 53
Also know as a Bannana Spider. They usually don't bite unless you really piss them off. Here is one I took at River Grove Park a few years ago:

Old 08-11-2011, 07:37 PM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 15.6
Courses Played: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Midnightbiker View Post
Also know as a Bannana Spider. They usually don't bite unless you really piss them off. Here is one I took at River Grove Park a few years ago:
Yeah, I figured if she really wanted me she had her opportunity when I walked into her web. With a skull looking spot on her back I figured that I would keep my distance until I could research what she was. There were two males in the web as well, but they are significantly smaller.

Nice photo, I wish I had someone else with me so I could have put up something near her for size comparison. The disc behind in your photo certainly shows off how large she is.