Old 08-25-2011, 11:03 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
so the river is doing almost all of the longer fairway shots? or is the PD working for you with a fairway run up?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-25-2011, 11:16 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by elnino View Post
so the river is doing almost all of the longer fairway shots? or is the PD working for you with a fairway run up?
The River is doing most the work, but the PD gets longer shots that must not turn and straight to hyzer shots. I'm surprised by the River's stability...I'm looking forward to getting it beat in (I may have to beat it some on purpose) so it's a little more versatile on shorter fairway shots.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:29 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 15
i ask since the lat flight chart puts it right next to the striker and the flight path is very close. i'm going to try almost 5 fairways and no distance drivers. XXX-12x firebird-opto striker-river-RR. but i think my striker river RR will end up causing huge overlaps and why DX eagles are so good you can just rotate them down to cover shots.
Old 08-27-2011, 06:15 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: RHBH
What do you see as differences betweent the C-PDs with the + rim vs. previous S-PDs? Bigger fade you mentioned if I understood that correctly.

I have some S-PDs in stages of wear and love them and a new C-PD+. LIke the gummier, grippy feel, but it's still a scooth overstable.
Old 08-28-2011, 12:41 AM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothyfish View Post
What do you see as differences betweent the C-PDs with the + rim vs. previous S-PDs? Bigger fade you mentioned if I understood that correctly.

I have some S-PDs in stages of wear and love them and a new C-PD+. LIke the gummier, grippy feel, but it's still a scooth overstable.
The CPD seems to have a touch more glide than the SPD, so it really picks up and gets lift on it's fade. Besides that I like the CPD because SPDs never kept that new stability for long, and my CPD hasn't lost much if any stability yet after 6mos. The flatter CPD Pluses fly straighter than the domey ones.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:35 PM
* Ace Member *

The Axis is in the bag...
Old 09-13-2011, 08:38 AM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.4
Courses Played: 28
Keep us posted...

BTW, have you auditioned the Pain at all? Curious...
Old 09-13-2011, 07:35 PM
* Ace Member *

Quote:
Originally Posted by toothyfish View Post
Keep us posted...

BTW, have you auditioned the Pain at all? Curious...

Unfortunately we got Pains in a little late at CDGS, so I tested it the same time the Vector came out. IMO the Vector does the overstable job better. The Pain is more versatile as I was able to turn the nose and get tight S turns even when new. I did throw 2 different GL Pains that had a little high speed turn when new, but the Opto I tested was nicely overstable. The stable Opto really reminded me of the old clear Champ Sharks, slow, glidey, and stable. In the wind though the Vector holds it's line much more predictably. That's the Vector's strong suit...It seems like no matter how I throw it I only get a couple different lines. Thrown with any hyzer it holds and drops as soon as it starts slowing down, thrown flat it flies straight and fades hard, thrown turned it holds and flexes out late but strong. The Pain as I said is a lot more versatile, especially once it has a little high speed turn. Even my beat Vector still just wants to fly on the same lines, just with a little less power required and a little straighter on the flat throw.
Old 09-24-2011, 11:34 PM
* Ace Member *

Alright...First tourney of 2011 tomorrow (such is the life of a stay at home dad), so I figure I'd document what I'm carrying.

2x new medium 175 Ions (one stock stamp, one DGR)--putting/approaching/stable drives
1x175 proto medium Ion--much less stable than new ones
1x167 FR Ion--turnover approach and putts

1x177 GL Fuse--seasoned for turnovers and touch shots
1x179 Axis--all things line holding
1x178 Vector--newish for hyzers, flex shots, and wind
2xOpto XXX--168 for approaches, utility, and thumbers, 176 for wind and beef

1x175 S-TD--turnover and slight hyzer flip straight shots
1x175 S-PD--yellow champystar seasoned, slight turn, predictable fade, very versatile main thrower
1x175 C-PD--production PD+ for long hyzers with strong fade

1x175 Tourney Sword--hyzer flip BH max D
2x175 VIP Sword--seasoned and newish for stable/slightly understable BH and FH D drives
1x175 Quasar--stable/overstable distance driver for long straight shots in wind and predictable long hyzers
1x175 Z NukeOS--crazy fast overstable, won't see action unless strong wind is in play

Old 09-27-2011, 06:15 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 14
You know carrying and odd number of discs is bad luck?