Disc Golf Store
Old 05-08-2014, 06:27 AM
* Ace Member *

I have one 170 Alias...I can't compare it to another, but it feels like it has kind of a high overmold and as a result it is overstable for the mold. It doesn't fly different enough from my fresh/heavy Proton Tangents and my seasoned Vectors to consider adding to the bag.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:21 AM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Any comparisons of your Resistor to a lightweight gl XXX? Its my primary stable fh disc (I use Villian and Stilleto for bigger) and had been flicking my Servo for shots where I needed a slight straighter version of my beat 164 xxx. Would the Resistor be a good disc to beat in for those duties instead since the Servo should start losing some stability since its getting more and more bh duties lately. Thanks for any feedback, always enjoy your comments!
Old 05-09-2014, 09:51 AM
* Ace Member *

The only lighter XXXs I've thrown have been Opto. In general the XXX is faster and more speed stable than the Resistor, so the XXX is little harder to power down reliably. The flight line is a little different as well...My XXXs never wanted to ride flat. To get a shot that would go straightish and then fade I would have to release with a little anhyzer. The Resistor is more like a Banshee or a FB is that it likes to fly flat and straight and then fade. I prefer the Resistor type flight because I don't want to be releasing anhyzer into a headwind.

Old 05-09-2014, 10:01 AM

Years Playing: 4.4
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by discspeed View Post
The only lighter XXXs I've thrown have been Opto. In general the XXX is faster and more speed stable than the Resistor, so the XXX is little harder to power down reliably. The flight line is a little different as well...My XXXs never wanted to ride flat. To get a shot that would go straightish and then fade I would have to release with a little anhyzer. The Resistor is more like a Banshee or a FB is that it likes to fly flat and straight and then fade. I prefer the Resistor type flight because I don't want to be releasing anhyzer into a headwind.
Perfect then. This particular gl XXX is board flat, worked in and flies for me exactly the way you described the Resistor. My opto XXX flies like yours did so I think I'll take the plunge on the Resistor now to back up my bagged discs. Thanks for the input!!