Old 05-04-2010, 07:58 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 12.3
Courses Played: 44
DFW disc golf

I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:06 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 5.2
Courses Played: 78
Send a message via AIM to mrstiggy Send a message via MSN to mrstiggy Send a message via Yahoo to mrstiggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by chingy414 View Post
I haven't played in many other states, but I think the DFW metroplex has an incredible DG scene. If a seasoned dg'er came into town, and you could only take them to one course in the metroplex, which course would you take them to and why?

I have to say Harry Meyer's in Rockwall. Great course with a wide variety of shots. It is a challanging course, but not frustrating. Must play in the DFW.
I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course
Old 05-04-2010, 08:20 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrstiggy View Post
I have'nt played Harry Myers yet, but I would go with Lester Lorch, FANTASTIC 2 18 hole course
Good call. I didn't factor in the 36 holes. I love Lester Lorch too. Especially Beaver. Coyote can be frustrating, still a great course though. Make the trip to Harry Meyers. Well worth it. A true championship John Houck course.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:22 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 5.6
Courses Played: 199
I played around Fort Worth and Dallas with Donovan a while back, and I really enjoyed every course we played. I didn't get to hit all the good ones, but I was impressed with the ones I got to. I also enjoyed Donovan and the guys in his group. I have polayed most of the Charlotte, NC courses and think the Dallas/Ft. Worth has a similar quality oif DG to offer. It's different due to climate and geography, but it's really good. Since I didn't run into any slimey reptiles I'd say Lester Lorch was my favorite, but the others were good also. I can't wait to get back and try some more. Z Boaz and Veterans were really nice also.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:28 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 6.1
Courses Played: 1
Throwing Style: RHBH
i think turner would be on top of my list tons of land features throughout the course
Old 05-04-2010, 08:51 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 146
I think Harry Myers is the best in DFW. A fine design by The world class course designer, John Houck.

Cedar Hill is 36 holes of greatness... I havn't played Turner now that the trees and plants are in bloom but I didn't find it as epic as the others.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:55 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7.2
Courses Played: 195
Throwing Style: RHBH
i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet: veterans, lester lorch, turner. so far my favorites are harry myers, lake park and saddle hills.

speaking of saddle hills, anyone in DFW who hasn't played this course yet is doing themselves a disservice. really good nine holes and pretty close to z-boaz.
Old 05-04-2010, 08:57 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 17.7
Courses Played: 146
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreadlock86 View Post
i live up in denton so i haven't had a chance to play some of the further away courses yet

lol, we met in Temple.... close to 3 hours away from both our homes....
Old 05-04-2010, 09:49 PM
Par Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by giles View Post
lol, we met in Temple.... close to 3 hours away from both our homes....
I really enjoyed Lion's Park in Temple. Saw two huge snakes mating (I think) by the water

Old 05-04-2010, 09:53 PM
Par Member

I like Turner alot too. In my top 5 in the Metroplex for sure, and there are so many good courses around here. I really like the elevation there, and there are alot of holes to open up on that aren't just an open field shot (Arcadia).