Old Yesterday, 10:59 AM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 4
Courses Played: 230
Throwing Style: RHBH
R.I.P. Coyote Trace

Terrible, but understandable news: Eric Posted this in the course condition updates for Coyote Trace:

COURSE IS CLOSED and we are pulling the baskets. We just do not have the time to repair the damage done by the flash floods earlier this year and to remove the remains of the ash trees we logged due to the emerald ash borer. Priorities have changed on our farm and we are moving in other directions. We thank all of you who played here and were so kind in your rating of Coyote Trace. It was a pleasure to have you here.

It's a real shame that Mother Nature did this to Eric & the folks who built such a beautiful course, but I totally understand the disappointment they must feel in having invested such an incredible amount of time and effort into this treasure, only to have to either face it all again, or shut it down.

So thrilled I had a chance to play it.
So sorry to see it go.
Thanks for sharing it with us while you could, Eric!
Sponsored Links

Last edited by sisyphus; Yesterday at 11:02 AM.
Old Yesterday, 11:08 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 28
A true bummer, this course looked fantastic.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 133
What a shame. One of the best designed courses I have ever played and it was only going to get better as they were planning to put in additional tees and basket locations.
Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 30
It is a real shame. Got a chance to play this course 3 times and it was an amazing course.
Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 11.9
Courses Played: 244
It was a real treat being able to watch this course evolve. I was there for the first walk through when Martin and I met Eric, marveled at the rolling hills and walked for hours through the vast wooded wilderness. The course grew into one of the best courses I've ever played, Eric and Edie are such wonderful people and gracious hosts. Thank you for letting us come enjoy your amazing course!
Old Yesterday, 12:33 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 15.3
Courses Played: 86
So glad I had the chance to play it back in the end of June. It was a well designed and challenging course and he should be very proud of what he was able to do. Not only that, Eric was such a great host and guide. At my request, he spent several hours with us playing through the course, answering questions about the design, issues he's run into as a private course owner (as we are embarking on that same journey currently), etc.

It's definitely bittersweet for me. Eric and I came to an agreement a couple weeks ago and the discatchers from Coyote Trace will be making the short trip up I-71 to the course my brother in law and I are building on our land. We're a handful of holes into the design/build (See "Executing the Dream" thread for pics/updates/details) but we hope to have 9 holes playable sometime this winter. (Wife and I just had our second child, so that has slowed things down a bit.)
Old Yesterday, 12:48 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 18.3
Courses Played: 28
Bummer
They put in a lot of work and had good reviews so far.
Glad to hear that the baskets will at least have a new home at Hidden Ridge.
Old Yesterday, 01:28 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 32.3
Courses Played: 193
[QUOTE=InnocentCrook;2845317]So glad I had the chance to play it back in the end of June. It was a well designed and challenging course and he should be very proud of what he was able to do. Not only that, Eric was such a great host and guide. At my request, he spent several hours with us playing through the course, answering questions about the design, issues he's run into as a private course owner (as we are embarking on that same journey currently), etc.

It's definitely bittersweet for me. Eric and I came to an agreement a couple weeks ago and the discatchers from Coyote Trace will be making the short trip up I-71 to the course my brother in law and I are building on our land. We're a handful of holes into the design/build (See "Executing the Dream" thread for pics/updates/details) but we hope to have 9 holes playable sometime this winter. (Wife and I just had our second child, so that has slowed things down a bit.)[QUOTE]

For the love of God....and our game, could you stop having sex with your wife and finish your dang course. Glad to hear the baskets are going to good use.

Last edited by ru4por; Yesterday at 01:31 PM.
Old Yesterday, 01:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 20.2
Courses Played: 123
Boy, hate to read stuff like this. I guess Coyote Trace joins that lamentably long list of great private courses that can no longer be played. I'm not sure which I miss more---the ones I visited and can't return to, or the ones I never got to see.

Old Yesterday, 02:31 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.7
Courses Played: 52
Hate to hear that. Coyote Trace is the best course that I have had the chance to play. Eric is a great host... and I hope that he can remain active in the disc golf community. God knows that the Louisville area needs a guy like that around. Hard to believe that a course that was probably within a year or two of cracking the top 10 is now extinct.

On a positive note, I'm glad to see that those baskets are staying in Kentucky!