Old 04-14-2015, 06:08 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 6.9
Courses Played: 42
Basic Tee Signs

We are getting a new course installed in the next couple months. In the next week or so I need to provide the artwork for tee signs. It is our clubs goal to eventually have nice graphics on the Tee Signs showing the hole layouts and hole details. In the meantime I would like to develop basic tee signs with all of the holes information. Can anyone provide me with good examples of simple but attractive tee signs that do not use hole graphics or pictures?
Sponsored Links
Old 04-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Eagle Member

Courses Played: 13

Our course is in an area full of granite rocks, so I just find a nearby one and paint it for now...eventually we will put big letterbox/house numbers on them.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:10 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 1.9
Courses Played: 21
Throwing Style: RHBH
Fleet Links has decent signs; Hole Number, distance, general direction to basket with arrow, and sponsor. Greenville's P&R Department used similar signs, until vandals destroyed most of them.
Old 04-14-2015, 10:31 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 10.9
Courses Played: 173
Nice tee signs are great... until they get sharpied. IMHO, the nicer the signs are, the more it seems DB's see them as an invitation for grafilthy. I'm an advocate of 4 x4 posts that show hole #, distance and a directional arrow in to indicate basket location. Black enamel paint helps protect them and makes them more sharpie resistant. They're not that expensive and fairly easy to replace if damaged, a tee gets moved, or additional tees are added.
Old 04-16-2015, 01:07 PM
* Ace Member *

Where would I go to look for the posts and letterbox style containers of the actual sign? I'd like to get some ideas on the cost and logistics of getting the sign w/o the sign first, as I will be most likely getting the sign taken care of myself initially.

Where has anyone else gone to get these?
Old 04-16-2015, 01:30 PM
FROLF OFF!

Courses Played: 106
are you going to build them yourself?

http://www.havasu.doitbest.com/home.aspx or any other local hardware store would be an easy place to find what you need. Access to a laser printer vs inkjet? Could even just buy packages of vinyl numbers/lettering and some metal or hard plastic you cut and bolt to whatever kind of stake you want or tree etc.
Old 04-16-2015, 02:39 PM
* Ace Member *

Here is what I've done so far. What are people's thought on this? Eventually we will be adding a short and long natural tee for each hole. The course should be installed and have concrete pads for the Red tee position in the next month or so. I could re-work the pictures on these when the course is installed so it's more true to the actually look. Thoughts?

Old 04-16-2015, 03:59 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 10
Courses Played: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by BogeyNoMore View Post
Nice tee signs are great... until they get sharpied. IMHO, the nicer the signs are, the more it seems DB's see them as an invitation for grafilthy. I'm an advocate of 4 x4 posts that show hole #, distance and a directional arrow in to indicate basket location. Black enamel paint helps protect them and makes them more sharpie resistant. They're not that expensive and fairly easy to replace if damaged, a tee gets moved, or additional tees are added.
This. The first time it's nice to have a sign with pictures of every tree drawn to scale. Until they get wrecked. Then you have no easy/cheap way to fix or replace, so you don't. Soon half the holes have broken, missing, run down signs. not to dash your hopes as I did this same process.

I loved the signs at Wildcat Bluff. Played there one time and knew exactly what I was doing. Just a line with the general layout, colored distances for each pin placement, and then a colored disc bolted to the 4x4 so you knew which pin position was in place. And a wicked awesome course.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 111.jpg (11.4 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg 112.jpg (12.0 KB, 23 views)
Old 04-16-2015, 04:07 PM
*Super Moderator*

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 819
I'm not a huge fan of POV type hole pictures on tee signs. The overhead view is a lot more useful IMO when playing a hole the first time, and is easier to update if pin placements are added or changed. Otherwise, it looks really good. The extra large hole number is great for visibility at a distance.

Old 04-16-2015, 04:10 PM
* Ace Member *

The main reason I was thinking of using the POV instead of Overhead is because of the Terrain. The course is pretty much open, and while it has no overlap you can occasionally see multiple baskets off the tee. An overhead would potentially be difficult to decipher where you are going where the POV will highlight the exact basket. I'd like to also add the elevation change to the tee sign at one point, because all but a few of the holes play to some degree of elevation.