Old 09-09-2013, 10:42 AM
Par Member

Years Playing: 13.1
Courses Played: 106
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallenOak View Post
So I played Brown-Singleton in Waxahachie today. It's a really good layout. Not just with the land given, just a damn good design. It was worth the hour drive from Ft Worth to play. There is a grand opening Saturday morning, check out Waxahachie Disc Golf on Facebook for details. Go out and show the course/city some DG love.
I am sorry but I thought the layout was anything but good. It felt like I tracked all over that course. I did enjoy a lot of the holes themselves but the flow was a mess. I also felt like I was playing in a cow pasture most of the time. I will play it again a couple of times before I review it but this was my first impression. Did anyone else feel like the flow was a issue?
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2013, 12:52 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
A group of us out of Cleburne plan to go there pretty soon, maybe this weekend. I'm sure it'll get a couple reviews out of us.

They've put a course up in Hillsboro on the Hill College campus. No signage or permanent teepads yet, just some numbered flags. It's not a super awesome design, but it's pretty good. They've got some trees and a decent sized pond. I've been waiting for the teesigns before I put a rating on it.
Old 09-09-2013, 01:52 PM

Years Playing: 1.7
Courses Played: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by toddb View Post
I keep asking my friend Google, and searching here, but haven't seen any update on the course in Anna. Anybody have an update? Thanks.
I contacted the parks department in Anna, and they said they have a few issues with their ADA compliance officer to work out, and are shooting for the end of October to have a Grand Opening.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:01 PM
Eagle Member

We got by the Waxahachie course today. We thought it was pretty good, a couple of us put up new reviews. I got photos uploaded for all the holes, so you can see what she looks like.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:07 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigE View Post
I am sorry but I thought the layout was anything but good. It felt like I tracked all over that course. I did enjoy a lot of the holes themselves but the flow was a mess. I also felt like I was playing in a cow pasture most of the time. I will play it again a couple of times before I review it but this was my first impression. Did anyone else feel like the flow was a issue?
The 4-5-6 loop is kind of a weird flow moment. The signage points you there and back, so we had no real issue locating any holes. I'm probably a little forgiving of that because of how much I like hole #5.

There are a few open holes in the mix that just look like a field. 15 through 18 are all not so great. But there are enough wooded holes that I like it pretty well. It's not Coyote or Z Boaz with nearly every hole being wooded, but it has more than it's fair share of them. Probably best for Waxahachie area disc golfers. It's probably worth a trip for anyone DFW to go to once, but it likely won't be a regular destination for anyone.
Old 09-15-2013, 08:48 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKShort View Post
The 4-5-6 loop is kind of a weird flow moment. The signage points you there and back, so we had no real issue locating any holes. I'm probably a little forgiving of that because of how much I like hole #5.

There are a few open holes in the mix that just look like a field. 15 through 18 are all not so great. But there are enough wooded holes that I like it pretty well. It's not Coyote or Z Boaz with nearly every hole being wooded, but it has more than it's fair share of them. Probably best for Waxahachie area disc golfers. It's probably worth a trip for anyone DFW to go to once, but it likely won't be a regular destination for anyone.
Thanks for posting this update. I think the wolfpack and I will play there next weekend.
Old 09-17-2013, 09:06 AM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: LHBH
Hey all, newbie here. I'm going to be in the DFW area for work for the rest of the week and am looking for a little guidance on what courses to hit up.

My client is in Garland, so I'm staying up that way. Just from browsing the courses myself I know that I'm going to check out Harry Myers, but I have one more night when I'll be able to get out and throw. Looking for thoughts on where else I should go that is close to Garland. I'd also love to know what league nights are for where I end up playing so I can avoid those if possible. I'll be playing tomorrow and Th nights.

Thanks for any insight...
Old 09-17-2013, 10:44 AM
Par Member

Courses Played: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by MHaas View Post
Hey all, newbie here. I'm going to be in the DFW area for work for the rest of the week and am looking for a little guidance on what courses to hit up.

My client is in Garland, so I'm staying up that way. Just from browsing the courses myself I know that I'm going to check out Harry Myers, but I have one more night when I'll be able to get out and throw. Looking for thoughts on where else I should go that is close to Garland. I'd also love to know what league nights are for where I end up playing so I can avoid those if possible. I'll be playing tomorrow and Th nights.

Thanks for any insight...
Audobon is a fun course, and is right there in Garland. If you are open to travel a little bit then Towne Lake In McKinney is not too far and is one to check out.
Old 09-17-2013, 01:14 PM

Years Playing: 21.3
Courses Played: 28
Throwing Style: LHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by PFort View Post
Audobon is a fun course, and is right there in Garland. If you are open to travel a little bit then Towne Lake In McKinney is not too far and is one to check out.
Thanks, I'll check that one out.

One other question, just because I've seen it mentioned in so many reviews. What's the scoop on the snakes? We've got Missassauga rattlers up here in MI, but for the most part they are harmless and will let you know where they are long before you'll get into trouble. Anything in particular I need to know about the snakes in DFW?

Old 09-17-2013, 01:27 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MHaas View Post
Thanks, I'll check that one out.

One other question, just because I've seen it mentioned in so many reviews. What's the scoop on the snakes? We've got Missassauga rattlers up here in MI, but for the most part they are harmless and will let you know where they are long before you'll get into trouble. Anything in particular I need to know about the snakes in DFW?
Rattlers and Copperheads are the problem snakes. Rattlers announce their presence. Copperheads tend to be pretty darn docile. You've really gotta get right up on them. It hasn't been a particularly bad year for snakes, probably a benefit of the drought.