Disc Golf Center
Old 10-07-2013, 03:12 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 7
Courses Played: 179
Throwing Style: RHBH
i was there on Thursday and there were workers out there adjusting baskets. they said all the new trees would be planted by this past weekend and the course would be ready for play.

planting the trees was the big holdup but i bet John makes one more run through to evaluate the lines and the details. i imagine there will still be trimming and possible tree/branch removal on a few of the holes, particularly from the long boxes.
Old 10-07-2013, 04:20 PM

Sweet well then I will be headed out there after work. I'm excite to see a new course in the area
Old 10-08-2013, 05:32 PM

Played McCord and its definitely open. There are still trees with overhanging branches over creeks that will be cleared off soon. The short tees are super easy on this course. Like, 6+ in the 100-200 ft range. The long tees make this course super fun though. Good variance between shot types, and you definitely need to be able to throw anhyzer RHBH or be a lefty for a few shots. I really wish this course was closer because its a lot of fun. A few really aceable holes from the shorts as well. Water comes into play on a good amount of holes but for the vast majority the creek is very very shallow, making it more disc retrieval than disc loss. That being said if anyone finds my damn 11x eagle off the first hole...

There is no parking lot for the course but the manager of the RaceTrac is allowing disc golfers to park there.
Old 10-08-2013, 05:39 PM
Double Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3.8
Courses Played: 35
How do you get to McCord? I'll be in town next weekend, wanna try it out.
Old 10-08-2013, 06:43 PM
Par Member

Years Playing: 7.1
Courses Played: 32
Directions.
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 AM

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 4
Played the course Monday, all baskets and pads are in the ground. Still needs a little work on flood control but with time and all the trees they have planted McCord is looking good. Watch out for that creek it's a dooozy.
Old 10-09-2013, 02:17 AM

Years Playing: 0.9
Courses Played: 4
There are a few pics and a map on my Facebook page Dfw disc golf.
Old 10-12-2013, 10:52 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 76
I played McCord today form the shorts with a couple of other players. We are all rated between 800 and 850, and we all shot even or +1, so I think the DGCR SSE of 44.5 from the shorts is probably pretty accurate. The tee sign distances are off on some holes, sometimes by a couple of hundred feet, but they still made the course pretty easy to navigate.

The course was difficult to find from the address and directions. Just go the the address and then pull into the Racetrak parking lot. As you exit onto the side road from that parking lot, just go straight across into the McCord park parking lot. It kind of looks like you are pulling into an apartment complex, but don't let that fool you.

The drainage at this course is not the best. I overheard some parents at the park playground saying it was a swamp. There are some obvious efforts going on regarding planting trees and sod. Expect that farm fresh manure odor.

The shorts layout is one of the easiest in the DFW area. I've scored better at Paschal, ACM, UT Dallas, and Cherry Creek red tees, but that's about it. However, I think the creek makes this course not the best for new players. I found the lines were also very difficult. The tees and pin positions were almost always placed to either put trees in the natural line or put OB next to the pin, or both. In short, this is a technical layout for experienced players. It's not a course for encouraging first time players.
Old 10-13-2013, 02:36 PM

Courses Played: 7
Does Harry Myers host a mini to anyone's knowledge?

Old 10-13-2013, 10:12 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 8.8
Courses Played: 76
Quote:
Originally Posted by WallBall1995 View Post
Does Harry Myers host a mini to anyone's knowledge?
If Harry Myers hosted a mini, it would be a maxi.