Disc Golf Store
Old 02-04-2014, 02:26 AM
Bogey Member

Years Playing: 1.2
Courses Played: 3
Throwing Style: RHBH
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk View Post
Time for me to get back to Turner, as it's been a while. It sometimes kicks my butt, however I've been getting better at other courses. Sometimes you have to go back to one you haven't played in a while to see if you've improved.

I agree with you and love the elevation challenges at Turner, such as they are.
I played Turner a couple of weeks ago and was the first "elevated" course I have played.. was quite a challenge since I'm used to "mostly flat" courses. I'm looking forward to going back when I'm back in the area.
Sponsored Links
Old 02-04-2014, 11:58 PM
Birdie Member

Courses Played: 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyKShort View Post
Here's a link to video from Bicentennial in Crowley. It apparently was on Tosh at some point. http://www.ebaumsworld.com/video/watch/83851759/
That's my video!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UBQP9gEldRk

This week there seem to have been a ton of people rehost and share; it goes up and down in popularity every two months or so. It aired on Tosh.0 Ep519.
Old 02-05-2014, 01:09 AM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 3
Courses Played: 53
Throwing Style: RHFH
I've had one go on the edge of the street, but I've never thrown it that hard straight into the street, and I've never seen anybody do it.
Old 02-08-2014, 12:42 PM
Eagle Member

Years Playing: 2.2
Courses Played: 31
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterHole View Post
I played Turner a couple of weeks ago and was the first "elevated" course I have played.. was quite a challenge since I'm used to "mostly flat" courses. I'm looking forward to going back when I'm back in the area.
Not my favorite hole at Turner, but what did you think of 18? I've only parred it one time! For me it takes an epic uphill drive and then two good fairway shots to even get close! Number 16 gives me some trouble as well but I'm getting a handle on it.

Advice on 7 given to me by a local: Don't try to throw over or through the treetops; throw low into the valley and try to skip up to the basket. I throw a Z Buzzz so your Roc should work well.
Old 02-09-2014, 03:53 PM
* Ace Member *

Years Playing: 18.6
Courses Played: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis_Valk View Post
Advice on 7 given to me by a local: Don't try to throw over or through the treetops; throw low into the valley and try to skip up to the basket. I throw a Z Buzzz so your Roc should work well.
I've hit the basket with a thumber in the right side pin placement. Most of the time, the worst thing that can happen is being at the bottom of the "valley". Still an easy three. If you can get a thumber on the hill behind the basket, it's a fair shot at a two if not an easy one.
Old 02-09-2014, 04:05 PM
Birdie Member

Years Playing: 11.6
Courses Played: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
I've hit the basket with a thumber in the right side pin placement. Most of the time, the worst thing that can happen is being at the bottom of the "valley". Still an easy three. If you can get a thumber on the hill behind the basket, it's a fair shot at a two if not an easy one.
Agreed on this. Personally I use the thumber for this one, and have hit very close to the pin multiple times. I will say I've seen the lower, skip shot executed beautifully here, as well. I can't speak from experience yet, but #7 seems like a good opportunity for an ace
Old 02-09-2014, 04:48 PM
Eagle Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by eegor View Post
Thanks. When I finally develop my overhand, I'll try a thumber there. Sounds like a good excuse for me to do some field work.
Old 02-23-2014, 12:11 PM

Years Playing: 6.7
Courses Played: 47
One way to get a good vibe with the DFW disc golf scene is to join our club. Generic name, but different kind of club. We play traditional and unique game formats, have social events such as cookouts, etc.

www.dfwdg.com
dfw disc golfers
Old 02-23-2014, 07:18 PM

Newbie here, played Z Boaz today, what a great course that was.

Old 02-23-2014, 07:45 PM
Eagle Member

I need to get out there, as I've not played it. I'm on the east side of the Metro-Mess, but as the daylight hours increase I will be going further afield.